PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help??

itsteven
02-Apr-07, 14:03
i have a friend thats preg and she thinks she has chicken pox has anyone ever had chicken pox while preg?she is quite worried and so am i if anyone can let me know anything.

golach
02-Apr-07, 14:28
i have a friend thats preg and she thinks she has chicken pox has anyone ever had chicken pox while preg?she is quite worried and so am i if anyone can let me know anything.
Would her Doctor or Midwife not be the best to ask, they are the experts

pat
02-Apr-07, 14:36
definitely phone midwife or GP to let them know - do not visit surgery as you may pass it on in waiting room to someone who does not need it (not fit enough for chickenpox as well as whatever they are at docs for).

Angela
02-Apr-07, 14:36

I don't believe it's harmful in itself:) , but your friend should certainly phone up her own health centre and ask them - and to find out how best to treat it in the circumstances.

Lucy
02-Apr-07, 15:06
This may help put your minds at ease. but i would still definately phone the doctor or midwife.

http://www.womens-health.co.uk/chickpox.asp

obalam
02-Apr-07, 15:45
I had chicken pox at about 32 weeks. I had to postpone a routine scan and midwives advised that only problem would be if I had delivered and the baby would then have to be screened.

itsteven
02-Apr-07, 17:00
she did there doing blood tests now thank you to all that got back to me.
x:roll:

BRIE
03-Apr-07, 16:07
when I was pregnant I was told it was only harmful if you hadnt reached 12 weeks.

Julia
03-Apr-07, 17:39
I came into contact with chickenpox when I was pregnant both times and it's not harmful past 12 weeks.