PDA

View Full Version : farmer dan

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
24-Apr-05, 10:31
does anyone know if farmer dan is coming to cathness soon ? he's doing 3 gigs in orkney at the beginning of may.

cheers

nancypotter45
24-Apr-05, 15:41
There were adverts in Groat on Friday stating where he was playing in Caithness.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
24-Apr-05, 22:15
unfortunately im in aberdeen and didnt see groat but in case anyone interested or cares its the francis street club - wed 4th may 8pm

as for the ear muffs - get a grip famer dan is ace!!

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Apr-05, 00:36
I take it Farmer Dan plays real redneck music? I hope so - I miss that roofinized, unionized, old son of a gun, drool-on-your-rhino-shirt kinda stuff.

I remember years ago when that poxy pop tune, Cotton Eye Joe came out - all the rednecks at the local disco would stomp their feet and show off their spurs whilst utterly oblivious to the fact the song was taken the right ol' mickey out of them.

Whose backing Farmer Dan? Massey Ferguson and the Barnyard Oddities? Yee-hah! Where can I download his tunes? Seriously.

doreenhedgehog
25-Apr-05, 09:25
I found one of his albums here:

http://www.rossrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=495

Some real classics on it like "Me And My Dungspreader" and "My Little Massey Ferguson" for example.

I can't believe this isn't a wind up.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
25-Apr-05, 10:54
nah farmer dan also sings the golden oldies such as green green fields of home and fields of athenrye, hes good traditional irish stuff- sort of stuff you get in a ountry pub outside dublin on a thursday night.......

as for hedgehog yeah i am a music fan - and my taste is pretty varied.....

Stormblast
25-Apr-05, 12:01
Is there any truth that there is a tribute act called Farmer Danzig playing some good ole Irish stuff and a smattering off Misfits / Danzig numbers including Green Hell and Mither

Heard they were playing round Lochinver and Rogart way

dgunn
17-May-05, 21:43
was at farmer dan in wick, seen bette asr was he was barry dole as on of his band members truned unwell, but think i is in wick sometine in oct 2005

nikki
18-May-05, 18:00
my sister went to it in wick a couple o months ago and when she came home it was all she could talk about. Shes constantly on the lookout for him coming up again. i take it from that that hes quite good, tho i havena seen him masel.

rhaughey
19-May-05, 23:59
was at farmer dan in wick, seen bette asr was he was barry dole as on of his band members truned unwell, but think i is in wick sometine in oct 2005

sure you didnt write this after the gig :roll: :roll:

gunnlass
20-May-05, 17:55
He is going to be playing in the Redwood in October.

dgunn
21-May-05, 15:28
in thurso eh never heard anything about him being in thurso they just said that he is going to b in wick in oct 2005