PDA

View Full Version : Strange fungus

Rheghead
16-Sep-14, 21:26
I found this strange fungus in a knot hole in a tree in the garden. Does anyone know what it is? It looks like lychees.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/Rheghead/unknowns/lycheefungus_zps482dffe4.jpg

Kenn
17-Sep-14, 23:53
Looks like a Morel, if so, very tasty.

sassylass
18-Sep-14, 16:33
It does not look like any morel I've ever seen and, of course, no mushroom should be eaten unless you're 100% certain what it is... but you know that already.

Kevin Milkins
18-Sep-14, 20:19
So, the morel to this tale is, if in doubt do nowt.

kathryn88
21-Sep-14, 05:05
This fungus I think either belong to basidiomycetes or deutermycetes group of fungi group of protista , but even then it is suggested not to eat them in any way without the help of mycologist because these can be poisonous and hence dangerous. thanks

Rheghead
21-Sep-14, 17:51
I think it may be shaggy scalycap after trawling through lots of fungus photos. :confused

DSTOTM
28-Jun-16, 21:46
It looks like a Morel..... fry it with some bacon and eggs...... if you die then it's not a Morel but it's worth trying, you only live once.

starfish
28-Jun-16, 22:19
i do not know but my nan always said if in doubt leave it out and she lived to a good old age

DSTOTM
28-Jun-16, 23:08
i do not know but my nan always said if in doubt leave it out and she lived to a good old age

My Grandma always said "try everything and live your life" she died at 17 years old..... she choked eating a car tire.

DSTOTM
28-Jun-16, 23:10
My Grandma was also a great one for "sleep"..... she swore by it....... I slept like a log last night, I woke up in the fireplace ;)

I'll get my hat..........

tonkatojo
29-Jun-16, 09:52
I think it may be shaggy scalycap after trawling through lots of fungus photos. :confused

Looks like wee dragon eggs (game of thrones type), perhaps a gift from the Welsh friends.:cool:

nightspirit
04-Jul-16, 23:06
Its a shaggy scaly cap...Pholiota squarrosa#