PDA

View Full Version : No Thanks Sign Outside Caithness Food Bank (Thurso)

concerned resident
08-Sep-14, 12:43
Never new we had a Food Bank, and the cheek to put No Thanks sign out side.

Sgitheanach
08-Sep-14, 12:51
Westmonster has to show where people will need to go if they Vote on

BetterTogether
08-Sep-14, 13:39
yes after all these years of the SNP managing Scotland we have more foodbanks but as usual they refuse to accept responsibilty for anything. Are these the people you want to trust with your future

Wizzbang
08-Sep-14, 13:58
The reason we have food banks is because of the inadequacies and the cuts to the poor and welfare that the Conservative Westminster government have imposed .
An independent Scotland wouldn't stoop so low to have such draconian atrocities such as the conservatives are applying to folk.

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 14:02
yes after all these years of the SNP managing Scotland we have more foodbanks but as usual they refuse to accept responsibilty for anything. Are these the people you want to trust with your future

You don't half come out with some tripe!
It's got sod all to do with SNP managing Scotland, it's Westminster and their recent benefit cuts (which neither the Scottish Government nor the SNP itself have any say in the matter) that have manufactured this sorry affair of food banks.
The SNP didn't bring in the "bedroom" tax yet are supporting the people it hit, are Westminster? NO!
The SNP didn't help Ian Duncan Smug bring in the benefit cuts and they aren't in a position to help.
The Scottish government are producing plans to give a better range of benefits to those that need them.

Yawn, you are boring the pants off us man, change the record!

Wiseowl
08-Sep-14, 14:07
Shaggy, other than trolling these forums for any slight mention of a 'No' vote for which you can attack and criticise with aggression, do you have anything positive to say?

Heisenberg
08-Sep-14, 14:13
Surely the 'No Thanks' sign is merely affixed to a lamp post, is it not? The NT sign is very indiscreet, as is the food bank sign. I'm surprised the starving of Caithness can find the place.

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 14:28
Shaggy, other than trolling these forums for any slight mention of a 'No' vote for which you can attack and criticise with aggression, do you have anything positive to say?

yes, grow up and stop whining!
Last i checked this was a free country and has the freedom of speech.
I have responded to one person only regarding a NO vote so your accusation of me trolling forums for the slightest mention of a NO vote is just childish.
FYI
I have absolutely nothing against any NO voter whatsoever and they are perfectly entitled to their choice and decision come the 18th and irrespective of what the outcome is, neither I nor any of the NO voters i have as friends (yes, unlike some on here i do have friends) will be a different person to me on the 19th than to what they are today.

I do have issues with those who are trying their damnedest through lies, deceit and manipulation to get people to vote NO! and just the same issues with those doing the same to try to persuade people to vote YES! It is the person's free choice and should be decided on the merits of or against separation, not some nutters waving megaphones or polluting forums with their political spin.

Oh, and just for the record! I must state categorically that i am not a liar, i do not make up fictitious statements and i tell it as i see it. If you don't like it then tough!

squidge
08-Sep-14, 14:46

I do :)

In an Independent Scotland we would have control over welfare and we would be able to change the welfare system to ensure that people are not left without money and food. We can do that with little cost and little effort and without increasing benefit rates at all - wouldnt that be fantastic. :D

There is also the #hugsforscotland campaign where you find someone of the opposite referendum view to you and you hug them. I did that on Saturday and yesterday too. you might want to aks them first though....

mi16
08-Sep-14, 14:47
Never new we had a Food Bank, and the cheek to put No Thanks sign out side.

jeepers someone has too much time on their hands

squidge
08-Sep-14, 14:51
There is also the fact that there are people registered to vote who have been disconnected from the political system forever. They were queuing outside the Electoral Registration Office in Hamilton at 9pm at night!!!! Thats hugely exciting and really really positive

Shaggy
08-Sep-14, 15:21
There is also the fact that there are people registered to vote who have been disconnected from the political system forever. They were queuing outside the Electoral Registration Office in Hamilton at 9pm at night!!!! Thats hugely exciting and really really positive

They've had more than a year to register Squidge so nobody to blame but themselves.

squidge
08-Sep-14, 15:41
Lol Shaggy, thing is that a lot of these voters have been disillusioned with the political system and thought they couldn't make a difference. Now they are registering and however they vote, they are voting cos they think their vote matters. The fact that people are engaging with the debate and the political system is really really exciting and positive :)

Heisenberg
08-Sep-14, 19:37
yes, grow up and stop whining!Last i checked this was a free country and has the freedom of speechOh, and just for the record! I must state categorically that i am not a liar, i do not make up fictitious statements and i tell it as i see it. If you don't like it then tough! Well said shaggy. But I don't know if the straight talking 'tell it as I see it' attitude has caught on on the org, nor freedom of speech for that matter.