PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Glitch(s)

Bill Fernie
15-Apr-05, 11:11
Hi Niall here again (logged is as me dad)

Due to some hardware problems with our hosts, we have been moved onto a shiney new uberserver. For the purposes of the move, our hosts backed up everything and rebuilt our site(s) on the new server with their backup, as we did not get any warning this was going to happen we did not have a chance to make our own backups. As a result about 1 days information was lost from all of our databases, forums included.

This means that anything posted to the forums during the move was lost. This also applies to anything that was added to the what's on and the business indexes, if you find you have submitted something and it has not appeared, please resubmit it.

Sorry for any inconvience caused (and missing posts)

Niall ?;o)

jjc
15-Apr-05, 11:30
Thank goodness for that... I've been pulling my hair out trying to work out what's wrong with my new laptop. Problem solved.

Cheers Niall.

dragonfly
15-Apr-05, 12:44
me too, thought I had been a bad girl and had my posts removed!

smee
15-Apr-05, 18:47
That good, we thought we had been de smee'd ;-)

dirdyweeker
15-Apr-05, 20:24
certainly missed you. glad to see you back. I feel I get more news here than the 'groat' and 'courier' put together! keep up the good work. :D

golach
15-Apr-05, 20:26
Niall certainlly missed the news updates
Golachl

Bill Fernie
16-Apr-05, 18:50
Sorry folks but I am now having further computer problems preventing me uploading to the web site. I have a number of items wating to go on the site but up-loading them is not possible at present.

I will get to them and the backlog of about 400 emails as soon as possible.

Mr P Cannop
16-Apr-05, 19:09
hope you will get it fixed soon as i too miss the updates

EDDIE
16-Apr-05, 22:04
Well i would just like to say this website is brilliant website that is very well updated and has a very community feel about it ive yet to come across a website that comes anywere near the standard of caithness.org.
And to be totally honest about it i think a lot of other community websites could learn a lot from this site dont you think.