PDA

View Full Version : ????

2little2late
27-Jul-14, 19:31
What is a privy ouncillor? Apparently John Thurso has had this honour bestowed upon him. http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?228394-Fit-s-in-e-Groat-e-day

Kodiak
27-Jul-14, 22:05
Privy Counsellors are members of the Queen's own Council: the 'Privy Council'. There are about 500 members who have reached high public office. Membership includes all members of the Cabinet, past and present, the Speaker, the leaders of all major political parties, Archbishops and various senior judges as well as other senior public figures. Their role is to advise the Queen in carrying out her duties as Monarch. In the past Privy Counsellors were the chief governing body and fulfilled the role that the Cabinet performs today.

http://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/privy-council/

Rheghead
27-Jul-14, 22:14
Sounds like jobs for the boys to me.

golach
27-Jul-14, 22:23
Sounds like jobs for the boys to me.Bet our first haggis Eck, never gets made a Privy Councilor

Rheghead
27-Jul-14, 22:30
Bet our first haggis Eck, never gets made a Privy Councilor

Mebbies Yes, Mebbies No. But this thread is about John Thurso and the Queen is an intelligent switched-on lady, I fail to see what topics John Thurso can advise her on.

Chook a demus
27-Jul-14, 22:51
Maybe it's clever base covering just in case Scotland does get independence. After the northern isles decide they are better off keeping the oil to themselves and become independent and become a British protectorate it wouldn't be long before Caithness would realise that having all the renewable energy up here makes it just a cash cow for the central belt cowboys and would vie for Independence on the basis that it was never truly part of a Scotland but more historically aligned with Norway,making it a small but independently wealthy place without all the burden of having to sustain central belt policies. With all the renewable energy, it's share of the oil fields, fishing and whiskey plus great agriculture Caithness would be well positioned to go it alone. Having a man close to the seat of power would be invaluable.

Kevin Milkins
27-Jul-14, 22:53
Mebbies Yes, Mebbies No. But this thread is about John Thurso and the Queen is an intelligent switched-on lady, I fail to see what topics John Thurso can advise her on.

If she ever get any problems with her water supplier, Johns the man.

wavy davy
27-Jul-14, 23:16
Maybe it's clever base covering just in case Scotland does get independence. After the northern isles decide they are better off keeping the oil to themselves and become independent and become a British protectorate it wouldn't be long before Caithness would realise that having all the renewable energy up here makes it just a cash cow for the central belt cowboys and would vie for Independence on the basis that it was never truly part of a Scotland but more historically aligned with Norway,making it a small but independently wealthy place without all the burden of having to sustain central belt policies. With all the renewable energy, it's share of the oil fields, fishing and whiskey plus great agriculture Caithness would be well positioned to go it alone. Having a man close to the seat of power would be invaluable.

Cor, I wish I was clever like you is.

gerry4
28-Jul-14, 13:17

So I gather you are not a supporter of Independence with such a grip on economics, international law, the constitution & psychology of the 'normal' person

Chook a demus
28-Jul-14, 13:50
Well where does independence stop you can't allow Scotland to have self determination then tell others they aren't allowed it. If Scotland can have independence why not the Northern Isles or Caithness or any other part that decides it's better off not being governed by the central belt.

Kenn
29-Jul-14, 00:20
UDI for Caithness , I like it.

orkneycadian
30-Jul-14, 08:16
But this thread is about John Thurso

Is it? I thought it was a thread about punctuation marks....

2little2late
30-Jul-14, 12:23
Is it? I thought it was a thread about punctuation marks....

Actually it is a thread about misspelling by your super duper retired journalist Noel Doanalsin.

Kodiak
30-Jul-14, 12:39
Actually it is a thread about misspelling by your super duper retired journalist Noel Doanalsin.

So nothing new then. :Razz

Rheghead
30-Jul-14, 12:47
UDI for Caithness , I like it.

It will never work. It is not big enough, no plan B on currency, Caithness will have to reapply to the EU, the maternity unit will have to relocate to Inverness, Highland council will put up a barrier at the Braes, the fish around our coast will die, the sky will turn black, and the hot air from the separatists will render the land unusable for agriculture for a 1000 years by which time your EU membership will come through.

susie
30-Jul-14, 12:48

hanks, 2little2late, for the ood iggly ime ou ave iven e ith his hread.