PDA

View Full Version : The Fantasy Tesco Site

susie
19-Jul-14, 08:01
What would you be content with, whilst Tesco decide what to do, on the old mart site?

How about they make the car park up and plant shrubs and stuff, then let people get the use of it in the meantime. It would be useful and helpful and show a little compassion for the folk who have to put up with such an eyesore over the road.

Any ideas?

Chook a demus
19-Jul-14, 08:18
Mebbe they could use it for the Caithness space port. Certainly would bring tourists in and the rockets taking off would keep the weeds down and blow away some of the rubbish

Big Gaz
19-Jul-14, 10:15
Yeah they could build a carpark and have all the nearby residents hacked off with the boy racers doing doughnuts and revving their engines all night....

Or they could:-

Put up pay meters and charge people for dumping all their rubbish on the site. Seems it happens a lot and they're losing out on charging people for the privilege.

Dig out a channel all the way to the docks and make a new dockyard to build Scottish military pocket battleships when we get independence.

Turn it into a huge skatepark then maybe Tesco would get their skates on and build a new store....eventually

Build a huge bus depot and start the company "Tesco Bus" they have been very capable at taking Thurso people for a ride this past few years.

Build a huge graveyard......some say most people in Thurso will have passed away by the time they decide to build a store.

Or how about building a store? i know it's a long shot but you never know.........

k888ven
19-Jul-14, 10:33
Charge Tesco s a £1000 per week for every additional week they don't doing anything with the site and put the money to thurso charitys

rich62_uk
19-Jul-14, 10:35
Let Tesco pay for it to be made into a open park so at least the people over looking it will be able to see kids rather than a dumping field which is it at the moment.

Scunner
19-Jul-14, 11:58
application was submitted online
Ref Number 14/02750/ADV Application Type Advertisement Consent
Validation Date 11/07/2014 Grid Reference 311902 967944
Description of Works Advertisement of the following types : Panel signs , Directional sign and Gantry slat
Location of Works Tesco Superstore, Thurso, KW14 8PS,
Community Council Thurso Community Council
Applicant Name Tesco Stores Ltd
Applicant Address Tesco House , Delamare Road, Cheshunt, EN8 9SL

bagpuss
19-Jul-14, 12:02
Allotments or an agri park -

Sandra_B
19-Jul-14, 12:10
Cottages and gardens.

sam09
19-Jul-14, 15:06
What about a pleasure park some thing along the lines of Blackpool? Will bring in Tourists and jobs for locals.

kosacid
19-Jul-14, 23:06
i was reading today they are going to build houses on the spare land they bought, dunno about up here though

Fran
20-Jul-14, 01:21
They should be made to sell it to asda who want to start building a store here before the end of the year. I'm sure we all agree that would be great.

Heisenberg
20-Jul-14, 09:28
They should be made to sell it to asda who want to start building a store here before the end of the year. I'm sure we all agree that would be great. Yen better green than blue

2little2late
20-Jul-14, 21:16
They should be made to sell it to asda who want to start building a store here before the end of the year. I'm sure we all agree that would be great.

I can quite confidently say there will be no Asda store in Thurso.