PDA

View Full Version : The Flight from Tenerife South to Gatwick was BA2731 1845hrs

trinkie
19-Jun-14, 19:01
Can anyone help with this ??

HELP. - To all my Facebook friends and Acquaintances, please share this.

On 24th May this year, I was on a plane home from a Stag do in Tenerife -Id fallen ill for a few days prior, unbeknowns to me I had developed a Severe lung infection - bad news if your an asthmatic! - long story short , I collapsed on the plane and couldnt breathe, went blue and was bang in trouble. The Captain came on and informed all passengers that there was a medical emergency and asked for help - 2 scottish ladies (I believe Katherine/Kathy?) ex Nurses from Inverness came forward and managed to get me breathing again by using a cup as a spacer!, they sat with me for the remainder of the flight and ensured I was stable enough by constantly putting steroids into me and keeping the oxygen mask on as I lied on the floor, they stayed on the plane whist the paramedics boarded and put their contact details in my pocket so I could tell them that I was safe....However when I got to hospital my Oxygen levels got dangerously low again, and I was taken to Resus - the Resus team must of assumed it was scrap paper and threw it away - Ive tried BA and they wont/cant help, As embarrasing as this is - its my last resort and I need to a) Tell them Im ok b) Thank them for savng my life - if they hadnt managed to open up my airways enough I was dead. - So please please circulate to everyone you know (especially my relatives in Scotland!) If they get this message please please contact me. - All I know is they were going from Tenerife -Gatwick, they were staying at a local hotel and then catching a flight to Scotland on 25th May.

The Flight from Tenerife South to Gatwick was BA2731 1845hrs

Thanks

James

Like (https://www.facebook.com/jo.barnes.33#)