PDA

View Full Version : Driving Lessons

myname1
10-Apr-05, 18:26
need to get driving lessons...any opinions on who should be my instructor?

champagnebaby
10-Apr-05, 19:20
Eileen White without a doubt, she's really good! :D

~~Tides~~
10-Apr-05, 20:16
Marion Mackay is also very good.

lynsey
10-Apr-05, 20:38
i did my lessons with eileen- would highly recommend her!

Bobinovich
10-Apr-05, 20:46
Just out of interest how much does a driving lesson cost these days? When I was learning (a few years ago!) I block booked 10 lessons over 5 days at just £10 each and I thought that was steep then...

Alli
10-Apr-05, 20:49
Go to William MacDonald, he dosent teach you to pass your test, he teaches you to drive. He takes £18.00 a lesson and is very easy to get on with, better still if you support Hibs!
:D :D

myname1
10-Apr-05, 21:27
is Marion Mackay, Eileen White, William MacDonald in Thurso? how do i get there contact details? anyone know there prices?

colmac
10-Apr-05, 21:55
My daughter is taking driving lessons just now from Nicola Mowat. As far as I know, all the driving instructors are now taking £22 per lesson AND apparently, when you use their car for the actual test, they charge you £10. I have also heard that Eric Gunn is a good driving instructor.

colmac
10-Apr-05, 21:58
Eric Gunn, Nicola Mowat and her husband John Mowat are all Thurso based. They should all be in the phone book.

Mad Martigan
11-Apr-05, 15:31

scorry
11-Apr-05, 19:52
Without a shadow of a doubt, William MacDonald from Ace Driving School.
He made me feel really confident and relaxed. I wasn't pushed for my test, but at the same time I wasn't held back. I totally agree with what Alli said.
And never mind all Willie's protests......he loves a bit of stick about Hibs!!!!!!! :evil

crashbandicoot1979
12-Apr-05, 09:57
Eric Gunn is an excellent driving instuctor (I've never heard of instructors charging £10 to sit a test in their car - I'm not sure about the others but Eric definitely doesn't charge).

girnigoe
12-Apr-05, 23:02
Eileen White in my opinion is by far the best!!! I have heard nothing but good reports about her! She taught me from not knowing how to even turn on the ignition to passing my test in a relatively short space of time - although I wasn't pushed at all. :D

moshmosh
13-Apr-05, 16:52
May I ask why one instructor is the best? I find it hard to believe that you've gone through all the instructors.

girnigoe
13-Apr-05, 23:48
Are you asking everyone that question moshmosh or is it directed at me?