PDA

View Full Version : what s going on at Lidle,s.?

jacko
30-May-14, 09:32
Whats to do at Lidle,s in Wick
are they expanding . seen a lot of work going on up there.

Big Gaz
30-May-14, 10:25
I heard they were making the car park bays wider to stop cars from getting dented by trolleys.....[lol]

starfish
30-May-14, 10:38
yes lidis is being extented

Kodiak
30-May-14, 15:42
I was told this by a Friend so please do not blame me if this information is incorrect.

Lidl have bought Pennyland Garage in Thurso. They will be extending the Supermarket into the Carpark and then in turn will make the old Pennyland Garage into the CarPark.

As I said I do not know if this is correct or not, but if true then Lidl must believe that the extension will be worth while and perhaps take some custom from Tesco since it seems they are not really interested in building at the Mart.

Big Gaz
30-May-14, 16:10
Just extending the building and car park. not mention of the petrol station or showing on the plans

http://wam.highland.gov.uk/wam/files/6B2554FA1FE253A645A3162027D68768/pdf/13_04785_FUL-APPROVED_LOCATION_PLAN_A4-637815.pdf

jacko
30-May-14, 16:12
I heard they were making the car park bays wider to stop cars from getting dented by trolleys.....[lol]

lol no loose trolley s in Lidle Gaz.. you lose your £1 if you leave em flying about. :lol:.

Yes i heard today that they were extending from the front .

south view 7
30-May-14, 20:22
Wick Lidle are extending to the front just now and then side ways when the shop will be closed sometime in august to October notices will be going up soon.......they are extending the bakery & there will be customer toilets.....

2little2late
30-May-14, 22:05
You're all a bit slow with this. This is old news. But then it is Caithness, behind with the times. this was reported about 3 months ago. Time to wake up folks. Just for the record the current year is 2014.

sids
31-May-14, 11:57
Well it wasn't reported to me!

orkneycadian
31-May-14, 12:44
You're all a bit slow with this. This is old news. But then it is Caithness, behind with the times. this was reported about 3 months ago. Time to wake up folks. Just for the record the current year is 2014.

Indeed. What we need around here is more folk starting up threads that go "Does anyone know......?" Then, the folkies of Caithness will be much better informed!

Moonboots
31-May-14, 18:24
Must admit, this is old news im afraid.

Both Lidl in Wick and Thurso are expanding. Pennyland Garage is closed down as Lidl has bought them and changing to a carpark.

orkneycadian
31-May-14, 19:25
Does anyone know any new news?

fender
01-Jun-14, 08:08
I have some late cricket news. - WG Grace is dead.

Fran
01-Jun-14, 18:55
Whats to do at Lidle,s in Wick
are

ithitey expanding . seen a lot of work going on up there.

It was in the local paper they are extending to have note goods on sale

Big Gaz
01-Jun-14, 19:32
It was in the local paper they are extending to have note goods on sale

they opening a music section then? [lol]