PDA

View Full Version : What's with the litter

Kenn
20-May-14, 00:40
I see cans hung on tree branches, clapped out cars littering fields , every fence strewn with plastic, dog poo just left to trap the unwary walker, plastic bottles along the grass verges, crisp packets every where.
Does no one take pride in their county or environment?

susie
20-May-14, 01:56
I hate litter too LIZZ, it really spoils everything. I think much of the verge stuff gets chucked out of moving vehicles, and I've seen too many bits whipping out of the dustbin wagon. We have a field with a back road running along it's length, you can go any day and get a carrier bag full of crisp packets, pop tins, sandwich wrappers, fag packets, and the rest.

I console myself with this thought, it must be a minority of people that litter the place, if we all did it we would be up to our waists by lunchtime everyday and the council would employ dozens of litter-pickers.

I cannot understand why folk don't just take it home and put it in their bin.

We don't use silage wrap very often yet we get it on our fences! It's easy enough to remove, so we do. I suppose some people don't 'see' the litter and rubbish, perhaps they are busy or under pressure.

It is all a great shame, that's for sure.

orkneycadian
20-May-14, 06:18
We obviously need more benefit claimants out there helping with the countryside cleansing.