PDA

View Full Version : Why are you voting yes

sam09
16-May-14, 21:57
The naysayers are having their say on voting no, so why don`t the yes voters have their say?

Tangerine-Dream
16-May-14, 22:34
I am voting "YES!" to take the burden off the English taxpayer..... they have to pay for their NHS prescriptions to subsidise Scotland and Wales (who get free prescriptions)..... it's just not cricket and I, for one, will be shouting out a LOUD "YES!" to free England from this waste of "union" tax funds (to appease the Scots).... I am quite happy to pay £89.99 for a prescription (in an independent Scotland) and £17,500 for a check up at my (non NHS) private Scottish "clinic".... it's about time we lost the NHS and the subsidies from "westminster" and went back to good traditional Scottish health care. The NHS is totally overrated and Westminster will have us believe that "opting out" is a bad thing..... it's the way forward!! Private health care (the more expensive the better) is the way forward.... just look at the American "model".... that's what I call premium health care! Scotland will be so rich and we will all be Millionaires from the oil so don't worry, we will be able to afford it.

The Braveheart film said it all..... William Wallace (who was actually a WELSH man) declared "We will be free from Westminster! We will pay £89.99 per prescription and will be PROUD to be a nation of idiots who are free from our oppressor".

I'll get my coat.

And hat.

ducati
16-May-14, 22:42
The naysayers are having their say on voting no, so why don`t the yes voters have their say?

Go on then. Why are you voting yes?

Shaggy
16-May-14, 22:48
William Wallace (who was actually a WELSH man)

I'll get my coat.

And hat.

I think you better get yer coat. Oor Wullie was born in SCOTLAND!!, just because his surname is Wallace, doesn't mean to say he was Welsh, no wonder this country is going the way it is when people don't even know the basics of history.

ducati
16-May-14, 22:52
I think you better get yer coat. Oor Wullie was born in SCOTLAND!!, just because his surname is Wallace, doesn't mean to say he was Welsh, no wonder this country is going the way it is when people don't even know the basics of history.

What way is this country going?

Tangerine-Dream
16-May-14, 22:56

To the dogs maybe? He was actually a Welsh man...... DYOR

Tangerine-Dream
16-May-14, 23:12

Adolf Hitler was also born in Scotland (Methil)..... not a lot of people know that.........He hooked up with a fishwife called "Nancy" and they bore a child they named Alex.......

Just cause you can't "google" it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Salmond (Salmon), Sturgeon (Caviar), William Wallace (Pollock), Robert the Bruce (Monkfish), Alexander Graham Bell (anchovies), John Logie Baird (cod)........

Can't you see the connection?

They are all a bunch of fishy **********************************

Tangerine-Dream
16-May-14, 23:19
Oor Wullie and the Broons were born in Dundee and that is fact!

So was Desperate Dan ;)

D C Thompson (to be precise)

Tangerine-Dream
16-May-14, 23:48
D C Thompson (Douggie) was Hitlers best friend at school..... they both enjoyed fishing the Tay.....

mi16
16-May-14, 23:53
Lots of great arguments here from the yes camp

Tangerine-Dream
17-May-14, 00:04
D C Thompson (Douggie) was Hitlers best friend at school..... they both enjoyed fishing the Tay.....

YES!!

Sod the lot of them..... I'd like a street fight!

YES!

YES!

Public disorder and division is what we need.......

YES!

Hatred toward our fellow human is the order of the day!

NO!......... Independance and division from the best UNION "ever" (in the history of the world) is pure madness unless you want to be an idiot on a global scale.

special tartan
17-May-14, 01:52
weirdo ,,,

ducati
17-May-14, 05:23
If you go on the Yes Scotland website, there is a very long list of FAQs, some I hadn't even thought of :eek:, the answer to most of them is; ach it'll be fine! I paraphrase. :lol:

squidge
17-May-14, 07:48
Ok, LOL - who was partying alone with a bottle of something intoxicating last night?

peedie man
17-May-14, 13:39
Born circa 1270, near Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, William Wallace was the son of a Scottish landowner. He spearheaded his country’s long charge against the English toward freedom, and his martyrdom paved the way for eventual success

Humerous Vegetable
17-May-14, 14:04
This has degenerated into a very trolled thread. I would like the opinion of Orgers on the points raised in http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2014/05/16/yes-east-ayrshire/ I thought Patrick Harvie was especially good, but Jim Sillars also made some excellent points. I think I will be voting Green next week in the European elections.

ducati
17-May-14, 14:35
This has degenerated into a very trolled thread. I would like the opinion of Orgers on the points raised in http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2014/05/16/yes-east-ayrshire/ I thought Patrick Harvie was especially good, but Jim Sillars also made some excellent points. I think I will be voting Green next week in the European elections.

The Greens are in it because they see it as their one and only opportunity to gain power or influence.

RUNT
17-May-14, 16:56
I won't be

Alrock
17-May-14, 18:36
Simples....

"No" is such a negative word... Be positive, vote "Yes"

:cool:

Tangerine-Dream
17-May-14, 20:29
weirdo ,,,

I'm not weird, I just fall outside your exceptionally narrow view of the world.

rogermellie
18-May-14, 01:24
maybe not weird, but inconsistent ...

'My once yearly visit to this forum is about to expire (again) in the next 3 minutes..... as always, it's been fun....

Keep the faith and freedom to the free world.

Mike.

See "y'all" next year.... same time same channel. '

you posted this in april, what happened ? you get bored ?

sk02rfo
07-Jun-14, 09:15
Why do you think the conservative party are so desperate to keep hold of an area of the uk that continually votes Labour, wouldn't be a advantage for them to get rid of Scotland so they could easily win the westminster elections term after term ?

mi16
07-Jun-14, 09:53
Why do you think the conservative party are so desperate to keep hold of an area of the uk that continually votes Labour, wouldn't be a advantage for them to get rid of Scotland so they could easily win the westminster elections term after term ?Because they are duty bound to do what is right for the United Kingdom of great Britian and Northern Ireland, and it's inhabitants

squidge
07-Jun-14, 09:57
The Scottish vote makes no difference to the outcome of the general elections.

If you took out the Scottish votes for every election since WW2 the results would remain the same in all but 2 and in those the only change was to move a majority to a hung parliament.

Scotland becoming independent would not ensure the Tories would win election after election. The difference independence makes to Scottish Votersis that Scotland will get a government which reflects the votes of the people of Scotland every time there is an election. That doesn't happen now. In addition if we are not happy with the way the government is meeting Scotland's needs then we can vote that government out of office in Scotland. Something else we cannot do now.

sam09
09-Jun-14, 19:58
I am voting "YES!" to take the burden off the English taxpayer..... they have to pay for their NHS prescriptions to subsidise Scotland and Wales (who get free prescriptions)..... it's just not cricket and I, for one, will be shouting out a LOUD "YES!" to free England from this waste of "union" tax funds (to appease the Scots).... I am quite happy to pay £89.99 for a prescription (in an independent Scotland) and £17,500 for a check up at my (non NHS) private Scottish "clinic".... it's about time we lost the NHS and the subsidies from "westminster" and went back to good traditional Scottish health care. The NHS is totally overrated and Westminster will have us believe that "opting out" is a bad thing..... it's the way forward!! Private health care (the more expensive the better) is the way forward.... just look at the American "model".... that's what I call premium health care! Scotland will be so rich and we will all be Millionaires from the oil so don't worry, we will be able to afford it.

The Braveheart film said it all..... William Wallace (who was actually a WELSH man) declared "We will be free from Westminster! We will pay £89.99 per prescription and will be PROUD to be a nation of idiots who are free from our oppressor".

I'll get my coat.

And hat.

The rest of the U.k. does in no way subsidise Scotland we put in more than we get out, we just manage the pittance we get a lot better than your lot at Westminster.

I do however love your sense of humour.