PDA

View Full Version : keiss beach

starfish
05-May-14, 15:54
i have just been down to keiss beach with the grand kids and was discussed by the amout of dog mess not only on the path but on the sand . we saw several people walk their dogs while we were there not one person clean up after their animals many of the people had more than one dog running free so how could they see where the dogs were pooing . people want to remember that this space is for every one to enjoy not just them would these so call people leave the mess in their own garden for children to play in i do not think so.

RUNT
06-May-14, 13:48
Did you phone the dog warden?

They can issue fines.

starfish
06-May-14, 14:14
no did not think of that they should spend a day down there they would make a fortune in fines

RUNT
06-May-14, 18:16
Well there you go. Be a good citizen. You have our support.

starfish
06-May-14, 18:40
i will ring tomorrow and see what they say

Mik.M.
06-May-14, 19:22
Save the call,they`ll do sod all.

jacko
06-May-14, 20:09
Save the call,they`ll do sod all.Have to agree with you there. The streets are full of dog crap, I thought the dog warden had been made redundant

fender
07-May-14, 07:34
i have just been down to keiss beach with the grand kids and was discussed by the amout of dog mess not only on the path but on the sand . we saw several people walk their dogs while we were there not one person clean up after their animals many of the people had more than one dog running free so how could they see where the dogs were pooing . people want to remember that this space is for every one to enjoy not just them would these so call people leave the mess in their own garden for children to play in i do not think so.

If you saw this happening did you remind these people that they should pick up their dog dirt? The Dog Warden is not omnipresent. We should all take responsibility with this and have pride in our county. The minority must be taken to task.

starfish
07-May-14, 09:14
i did have a moan at one person to get a mouthful of abuse out of the 6 or 7 people that was walking dogs only one picked it up we were only there about a hour so if this is the norm you can tell how much there is on the beach and dunes

emmz
07-May-14, 10:10
http://whatson.caithness.org/event.php?id=21305
keiss beach shore clean this sunday :)

starfish
07-May-14, 11:38
i will be at work sorry but have spoke to council and they are sending someone down to take a look , but if every one clean up after them we would not have this problem its just only people that only think of them selves and not the enjoyment of others

RUNT
07-May-14, 15:05
The Dog Wardens still employed and she does a fine job. Problem is that she has to spend alot of time dealing with folks who either have dangerous, nuisance or aggressive dogs. Things like dog poo aren't as important as the publics safety or wellbeing. Be patient, if they don't know they can't help. Now they know they will help.

fender
07-May-14, 19:10
i did have a moan at one person to get a mouthful of abuse out of the 6 or 7 people that was walking dogs only one picked it up we were only there about a hour so if this is the norm you can tell how much there is on the beach and dunes

Sorry to hear that Starfish, stay safe. It just shows you how very ignorant and self-centered some folk are when they believe that hurling abuse at folk is what the big boys do. I walk Reiss beach and notice a lot of dirt or bags with dirt lying about. I would question anyone coming of the beach with a dog and no poo bag in their hands.

crashbandicoot1979
07-May-14, 19:16
Very true RUNT. The other issue is that she has to be visible - kind of like the police when they're watching for speeding cars - she can't just jump out from behind a dune and fine someone. Therefore when people see her they pick up because they don't want to be fined. It's very hard for her to catch people.

starfish
07-May-14, 19:29
yes fender it is as annoying when people stop to bag it then throw the bag do they have poo fairies in their garden that pick these bags up its just laziness on the dog owners part

Kevin Milkins
07-May-14, 19:44
I walk Reiss beach every day with my dog and it makes me ashamed to be a dog owner to see the amount of dog dirt is under foot.