PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Lads signs for Liverpool

hails4
05-Mar-07, 22:53
Sixteen-year-old Ross County midfielder Gary Mackay Steven is poised for a six-figure transfer to Liverpool. (The Sun)

Born in Thurso anyway well done to him great to see someone making a very high grade!

JimH
06-Mar-07, 17:59
Now there is a lad with some sense!!!

mooncat
06-Mar-07, 18:48
What leaving Thurso, yes Id say that constitutes sense... 8-)

danc1ngwitch
06-Mar-07, 18:52
all the best to the lad an well done for making a break from here.

winnie
06-Mar-07, 19:04
well done nice to see a caithness boy getting some where with his football

percy toboggan
06-Mar-07, 19:38
I remember the days when the old First division was peppered with wily Scottish inside-forwards, bustling centre forwards. tough Scots half-backs and hard as nails full backs. I wish there were many more today but good luck to this young lad, I hope he makes the grade. A booost to the sales of red shirts and sky dishes in Thurso? who knows.
In rememberance:
John White
Alan Gilzean
Dave Mackay
Bill Bremner
Bobby Kennedy
Dave Ewing
the list is endless so I'll stop now.

darkman
06-Mar-07, 19:48
I remember the days when the old First division was peppered with wily Scottish inside-forwards, bustling centre forwards. tough Scots half-backs and hard as nails full backs. I wish there were many more today but good luck to this young lad, I hope he makes the grade. A booost to the sales of red shirts and sky dishes in Thurso? who knows.
In rememberance:
John White
Alan Gilzean
Dave Mackay
Bill Bremner
Bobby Kennedy
Dave Ewing
the list is endless so I'll stop now.
Half backs, centre forwards and full backs, you will have to explain for the younger viewers.:lol:
Dave mackay and billy bremner, hard men with the talent to back it up.
Anyways, well done to the young lad, great to see some local lads getting a crack at the big time.
Supposedly when george best moved to hibs he was driving through edinburgh and stopped an old man and said, "can you tell me how to get to easter road", to which the man replied, "practice son, practice".
I don't know how true that is but it always makes me smile.

philupmaboug
06-Mar-07, 20:48
Well done Gary, bet your glad you didn't play centre like your old dad....the west coast darter ;-)

colmac
06-Mar-07, 21:32
Sixteen-year-old Ross County midfielder Gary Mackay Steven is poised for a six-figure transfer to Liverpool. (The Sun)

Aye, well done Gary! It has been a pleasure watching you make your way through the ranks from Swifts under 8's to the big leagues!:D