PDA

View Full Version : Satellite dishes

happy_83
05-Mar-07, 22:35
Is there anywhere locally where you can buy a satellite dish? Our one got broken in the high winds the other night and I can’t live without lost :~(

Thanks

jamieS
05-Mar-07, 22:38
Sometimes lidls sells sat dishes, if not try scot ads

happy_83
05-Mar-07, 22:40
Sometimes lidls sells sat dishes, if not try scot ads

Thanks, i'll give the Lidil a try

badger
05-Mar-07, 22:45
Don't think I'd put it up just yet though or you might be off to the shops again tomorrow.

Julia
05-Mar-07, 23:35
How about ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Satellite-dish-lnb-brand-new-cheapest-look-no-further_W0QQitemZ290090825893QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29 783QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£8.99 plus £11.50 postage

Tony
06-Mar-07, 23:09
I think Alacam supply them for about £30 but don't know what it would be fitted or alternatively Sky about £60 fitted.

jimbews
06-Mar-07, 23:28
Don't think I'd put it up just yet though or you might be off to the shops again tomorrow.

Is it the dish or the mount?

I got the larger dish and mount from Lidl, partly for better reception, partly because the small dish mount (part of the boxed kit) was terribly flimsy. Their large mount would probably be OK for the smaller perforated Sky dish as the dish would only be about half the area (and thus wind resisitance).

The weld on the mount was 50% sheared in the gales at New Year.

The dish is still OK and has been remounted on a massive mount I bought from www.cpc.co.uk (through my work)!

Lidl also sell a signal strength meter to assist alignment. I think Lidl only sell the satellite kit during special offer periods, but they are really cheap. The receiver (not that you need one) gets good reviews, but is for free-to-view satellite only.

If refitting remember to get self-amalgamating tape to cover the LNB connection, otherwise water is likely to travel down the lead and into the receiver and ruin it.

Good luck.

JimBews

Fran
08-Mar-07, 02:18
Is there anywhere locally where you can buy a satellite dish? Our one got broken in the high winds the other night and I can’t live without lost :~(

Thanks
i have a nearly new one from Lidl for sale if you are interested.