PDA

View Full Version : sky tv

gofor
05-Mar-07, 11:50
i have just spent the last hour on the phone to sky fighting to get a over payment paid back into my bank. they went into my account for payment on 24th feb. then again on 1st march. phoned them on 1st march promised money back within 48hrs ha ha now 5th and still no money

j4bberw0ck
05-Mar-07, 11:56
Your Bank is obliged under the terms of the Direct Debit scheme to refund you immediately if there's been an incorrect DD claim and then it's their problem to get the money from Sky.

I'd go and complain to them - and good luck! Stick to your guns.

gofor
05-Mar-07, 12:01
have a meeting with bank manager at 1.30 today sky have promised a call back before 1pm also have written complaint about call centre manager in india call me a stupid women who did not no anything direct debits i work in the credit agreement business

j4bberw0ck
05-Mar-07, 12:21
Sounds like you have all the background info you need then. If I might risk a pun of sorts - Gofor it :lol:

stratman
05-Mar-07, 14:05
I used to have Sky but would not consider it again, following my dealings with their customer services. They seem incapable of keeping their records straight and employ very poor broken record and blocking techniques to halt your progress. I spent a couple of hours sorting out my issue. Having finally managed to reach the duty manager after being passed from person to person that could not help despite me asking for the manager, we resolved my issue and was promised a refund. I got the gentlemans name before puting the phone down with great relief. No refund arrived and sometime laterI once again spent ages negotiating the call centre finally to be told by the duty manager that there was no record of my previous call or agreement. No money was apparently due to me and they were not prepared to look into the matter further. Even giving the name of the other manager did not help. It felt there was a deliberate effort to not move things forward. They still owe me money and have the cheek to keep writting to me encouraginging me to rejoin. I had told them to remove me from their database.

gofor
05-Mar-07, 18:20
got my money back also lodge complaints against sky's call centres with personel's names awaiting outcome

emszxr
05-Mar-07, 18:26
this is why i would never have a contract with sky. once you sign they have you. and everything is repeated all the time.

i just have the sky card that gets you the free channels, and that is only because where i live you can not get terrestrial tv.

Julia
05-Mar-07, 23:50
GRRRR! Don't even think about getting me started on Sky tv! [mad]

Tony
06-Mar-07, 01:14
If you do sign up for Sky then always sign on the dotted line for the minimum package for the 12 month period and then you can just phone them to upgrade if desired. You can then go back to this within the 12 months if you want to and also never use a credit card when subscribing as credit cards are more difficult to stop payments.