PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Heritage

normanbremner
02-Mar-07, 18:05
During the early 70s whilst fishing out of Wick on the MFV Boy Andrew I captured about 30 to 40 minutes on film of the fishing trip which included shooting and hauling of the gear etc, also included was a unique clip of the MFV Olive Leaf sinking off Proudfoot. I would very much like to locate this film again and transfer to DVd and save this small part of Wicks fishing heritage. I can be contacted on 01955603713 or Mob: 07795275119.

trinkie
03-Mar-07, 17:10
Hallo ,

Your film sounds really fascinating and I do hope you find it. It must be out there. If everyone looks on their shelves and hunts around in cupboards, it's bound to turn up.

I wish you luck.

Trinkie

Angela
03-Mar-07, 18:49
If everyone looks on their shelves and hunts around in cupboards, it's bound to turn up.

Not on my shelf I'm afraid :(

Have you any idea where it might be, Norman?

I do hope it's still in existence.

silversurfer
03-Mar-07, 19:16
Norman - try Forbes Davidson at Scrabster - he has some video of the Boy Andrew. Good luck.

Skerries
07-Mar-07, 10:38
Have you tried our local history enthusiasts Iain Sutherland in Wick and Alan McIvor in Thurso? They might have found the film somewhere or be able to point you in the right direction.

I hope you find it as it sounds really interesting.

brokencross
15-Mar-07, 15:12
Can't be too much help I'm afraid, but I remember seeing a documentary on TV (BBC2 or Ch4) on the history of fishing in the North sea. That would be a good few years ago now, in the 1980's. I am sure there was footage on board the Boy Andrew on that, but it may not be the film you are looking for.