PDA

View Full Version : Tesco home shopping

mr do dar
28-Feb-07, 23:06
how many people have used and what do you think of tesco dot com shopping service ? iv used it 3 times now and i think its magic the service is good . its always here on time and the food is very fresh most of the time . the driver is always happy to help with and problems and concerns you might have . it also saves loads of heart ache and stress and not to mention money with the things you pick up walking round the shop :)

Buttercup
28-Feb-07, 23:09
Haven't tried it yet ~ what do they charge for a delivery, couldn't see a price on the website?

mr do dar
28-Feb-07, 23:17
its 4 or 5 pound ... depends what time of week your wanting your shopping

Buttercup
28-Feb-07, 23:28
Not too bad I suppose, considering I wouldn't be picking up all the extras I can't resist - always come home with twice as much as I went for.:roll:

Murdina Bug
01-Mar-07, 09:45
It's brilliant! A few minutes on the web saves a (at least) 1 and a half hour slog to a supermarket - or 3 hrs if I went through to Tesco. Used it 3 times now and all products have been great - delivered on time right to the kitchen worktop!

The delivery charge varies from £3.99 to £4.99 (possibly £5.99) depending on the time and day of the week. Weekends are the most expensive times but I get mine on a weekday and it has always been £3.99. Worth it in terms of time and fuel I think.

Mr P Cannop
01-Mar-07, 10:19
do they not deliver free in caithness and Thurso & wick areas

marlyn
01-Mar-07, 11:33
I have used it twice now and think it is fantastic. I have 2 pre school children and not having to drag them round the supermarket is so much better. They just put it straight onto your worktop in the kitchen, I have got at least half of my shopping put away in the cupboards before the chap is ready to leave. The driver that I have had both tiems has been really lovely, even though the 2nd delivery he made to me he said that he was 1.5 hrs late in leaving Wick, he was on time to me, it never felt as though he was rushing out the door, still asked if everything was ok and was I happy.

I have not had any bother with freshness or dates, and the fruit and veg that I have had have been the same quality as I would have chose myself.

Worth every penny of the delivery charge, I reckon that I have saved at least £40 each time by not browsing round the shop buying stuff that I don't need.

Money saving tip though, if you go onto the website www.moneysavingexpert.com and go into the chat forum, on there there is a section called online offline vouchers, if you have a wee look about you can usually get codes for money off your online shopping, both times I have had a code for £5 off £50 of shopping, so effectively I have had it delivered for free!! even better.

dozerboy
01-Mar-07, 13:58

Mr P C - do you not do any research before writing your posts?? One minute you mention Police in Watten (not likely) now free delivery from Tesco. Look on the website man. You managed to write a post here, so why not a couple more clicks to Tesco.com and go find out for yourself

Valerie Campbell
01-Mar-07, 15:03
Getting a Saturday morning freed up from trailing round a food store has been great. I couldn't go back to that again. As for the prices, they vary from £3.99 to £5.99 for a grocery delivery and in my eyes is well worth it. Keeps hubby from moaning anyway...

dragonfly
01-Mar-07, 15:11
hmmm, just had my second order delivered and yet again items missing totalling over £10.00, maybe I'm being unlucky :roll: Will try a 3rd time but if its not all there I won't be shopping this way anymore

Metalattakk
01-Mar-07, 16:01

If the delivery is made outwith your selected delivery slot (i.e., they're late) then the delivery fee is waived.

Tuesday/Wednesday deliveries are £3.99, rest of the week is £5.99 I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

©Amethyst
01-Mar-07, 16:31
I use this service from the Tesco in Dingwall as I live about 5 or 6 miles from it and don't drive.

It's fantastic!!!

And yes, I do manage to spend less when I'm shopping online. My last big shop was around £75. Includes milk, steaks, lots of break, cakes... the usual for a big shop. I popped into Tesco last night as Mr Amethyst wasn't working so there was use of the car. I only went in to get lamb for the korma and a few things for his lunches. It cost me over £20!

I have to say, tesco.com is so convenient and easy to use... major thumbs up for them!

Delivery costs are also much cheaper than a taxi would be. My village, although still in Dingwall according to the address, costs £8 to get to by taxi. I do my shopping on a wednesday, so for me, it's definately much cheaper to have it delivered.

mccaugm
01-Mar-07, 19:02
:Razz
Getting a Saturday morning freed up from trailing round a food store has been great. I couldn't go back to that again. As for the prices, they vary from £3.99 to £5.99 for a grocery delivery and in my eyes is well worth it. Keeps hubby from moaning anyway...

Agreed...its like getting your weekends back...or getting a day off. I save a fortune not seeing stuff I don't really need. I would prefer if you could order more of the "non-foods" section but thats a small price to pay for not having my shopping hating husband griping every weekend.