PDA

View Full Version : Another rant from me!!

BRIE
23-Feb-07, 12:07
On a recent trip to Inverness we decided on goin to pizza hut for dinner taking along our 10months old son.I asked to have his baby food warmed to be told they couldnt do it as they werent allowed to bring hot water to the table so I asked if she could take it to the kitchen & warm it , still to be told no but they could warm a bottle! :confused After kicking up a real fuss they eventually agreed to warm it in a bottle warmer!
This isnt the first time ive had this problem as KFC refused to warm a bottle too!
surely these companies should have some way of offering baby food warming?
I think the whole health & safety thing is getting completely out of hand when you cant even get to feed your baby while your out![evil]

DarkAngel
23-Feb-07, 12:15
I know what you mean i had the same problem. Went into Inverness and asked around to heat up my sons baby food he was 6 months at the time and they also said they couldnt due to Health and Safety. Now when we are In Inverness we go to Debenahms cafe as they have a place specially for warming bottles and baby food with Microwaves and electric bottle warmers. Its great and clean too!

Moby
23-Feb-07, 12:19
The big companies have been like this for quite a few years now - we ended up taking a flask of hot water and a jug in the car when we travelled away just in case.

emszxr
23-Feb-07, 12:35
i have had this problem too, with my oldest who is past the baby food stage and bottle stage. with my 8 month old i just give her the jars that i know she will eat cold when we are out and she is breast fed, so it already comes heated up :lol:

Metalattakk
23-Feb-07, 14:32
On a recent trip to Inverness we decided on goin to pizza hut for dinner taking along our 10months old son.I asked to have his baby food warmed to be told they couldnt do it as they werent allowed to bring hot water to the table so I asked if she could take it to the kitchen & warm it , still to be told no but they could warm a bottle! :confused After kicking up a real fuss they eventually agreed to warm it in a bottle warmer!
This isnt the first time ive had this problem as KFC refused to warm a bottle too!
surely these companies should have some way of offering baby food warming?
I think the whole health & safety thing is getting completely out of hand when you cant even get to feed your baby while your out![evil]

So, you're quite happy to rant about not being able to put yourself before the well-being of your child? Why did you have a child in the first place? Didn't you realise that once you had a child you wouldn't be able (or couldn't possibly be able) to behave exactly as you did before the child arrived?

It's one of the sacrifices that ALL parents have to make - you have to put the child's welfare before your own selfish needs and desires, such as eating in seedy pizza restaurants etc.

Shifting the blame onto the restauranteur doesn't make it all OK.

Sorry for the harsh words.

scotsboy
23-Feb-07, 14:45
We had this problem in loads of places. It is down to the litigous society we know live in. I have noticed a few places that offer facilites where you can do this yourself i.e. they have a dedicated microwave and bottle warmer available.

Angela
23-Feb-07, 14:52
I have noticed a few places that offer facilites where you can do this yourself i.e. they have a dedicated microwave and bottle warmer available.

That seems the best solution - I wouldn't actually have liked to hand over my baby's food/bottle for a stranger to warm up! :eek:

sam
23-Feb-07, 21:47

if they had brought hot water to the table and your son got burnt it would open up a whole other can of worms, These health & safety rules are there to protect you as much as them

danc1ngwitch
23-Feb-07, 22:43
So, you're quite happy to rant about not being able to put yourself before the well-being of your child? Why did you have a child in the first place? Didn't you realise that once you had a child you wouldn't be able (or couldn't possibly be able) to behave exactly as you did before the child arrived?

It's one of the sacrifices that ALL parents have to make - you have to put the child's welfare before your own selfish needs and desires, such as eating in seedy pizza restaurants etc.

What ??? Ops!!! All that was asked was to warm something for the child. You point the finger as if this person is selfish??? wops i am a dummy indeed. I think that the parents who drink while they are pregnant and while they are looking after their children is more in a position to be called selfish. Needs and desires to eat in a seedy restaurant, i am goin ta read ur post again, i think u have been very harsh indeed...

_Ju_
23-Feb-07, 22:45

What? You are no longer allowed to have a meal out when you become a parent? Or to go shopping? Or to leave the house except on a school run and only if you have older children? What a terrible person I am: a parent for 5 years and having done all these things....... puuuuu-lease

Max
23-Feb-07, 22:47
Tut Tut imagine a parent being so selfish as to eat pizza! Sorry I think you've gone a bit OTT Metalattakk

DarkAngel
23-Feb-07, 23:10

Dont think that Little Rant that you had there was called for!!

the charlatans
23-Feb-07, 23:25
Metalattakk
this is the second thread i've seen you attack parents of small children.

get a grip.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 01:08
Blah blah.

About time you proud parents realised that the whole world shouldn't have to bend over backwards to accommodate you and your precious children.

Why is it the fault of the restaurant that there isn't bottle-warming facilities available? Why on earth SHOULD they provide services for non-paying customers in the first place?

Would you go into a pub and ask for bottle-warming facilities? Or a shoe-shop? Or a newsagents? Or a Butcher shop or Ironmongers?

Stop trying to live like you have no children, while expecting everyone to kow-tow to you and your "needs". With parenthood comes responsibilities, and the realisation that things are now different from before.

And tell me this:- What self-respecting parent would take their 10 month old child to Pizza Hut or KFC in the first place? What are you thinking, for goodness' sake?

_Ju_
24-Feb-07, 01:22
Metal, I would expect any decent shop to allow you to use the toilet, even if you did not buy anything there. The principle is the same.

I expect people to be decent to anyone, small of stature paying or not. Babies cannot eat grown up food. Babies cannot eat cold food. If a restaurant wants to capture clients, especially families off which they can make alot of money, thay will provide what is necessary to those families. It makes business sense, even if your mind it does not.

In one sentence you exhalt the joy and honor of parenthood, in the next you vilify them as parasites of everyones good will. Make up your mind.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 01:32
My mind is firmly made up. I couldn't have stated more clearly, I think.

If you have children, you cannot accept that everything can and should be as it was before you had children.

Where once you had the care-free option of going to Pizza Hut or KFC and expect to catered for, once you have a small child you surely cannot expect the same?

If your baby cannot eat cold or "grown-up" food, why on earth take them to a restaurant??

It's pure selfishness.

_Ju_
24-Feb-07, 01:41
ok...let me go chain myslf to the stove again, before social services acuses me of neglecting my son. Make sure to always use contraceptives, so as not to cramp your style, honey.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 01:51
Jesus H. Corbett, that's not what I'm saying at all!

What I'm saying is:- Don't expect to be able to do whatever you want after you have children.

But that's the problem - people do. They expect everyone to bend over backwards to accommodate them, even when they are pursuing the most inappropriate endeavours where the welfare of their children are concerned.

It's not rocket science.

crayola
24-Feb-07, 02:20
There are times when I wonder whether the male of the species was sent here merely to impregnate us and sit back with malevolent pride as he contemplates his nether regions with his vastly superior intellect.

Grab your rusty knives girls, he deserves no less.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 02:24
Why are you trying to make this a "men V women" battle?

I have not addressed solely mothers here, I have only addressed parents (of which I am one).

crayola
24-Feb-07, 02:34
No, you did that. You're a man and only a man could say what you did.

But I'm with you on one front. Chemical-food sellers like Pizza Hut and KFC should be off-limits to under 18's.

luskentyre
24-Feb-07, 02:40

What I'm saying is:- Don't expect to be able to do whatever you want after you have children.

But that's the problem - people do. They expect everyone to bend over backwards to accommodate them, even when they are pursuing the most inappropriate endeavours where the welfare of their children are concerned.

It's not rocket science.

I'm going to raise my head above the parapet and agree with you here. I think lots of parents are unwilling to foregoe things they think they should still be able to do e.g. dining out, foreign holidays and dare I say both work.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 02:42
No, you did that. You're a man and only a man could say what you did.

Well, the positive rep I've got from this thread would suggest you're incorrect. Almost 100% of it has come from women.

But I'm with you on one front. Chemical-food sellers like Pizza Hut and KFC should be off-limits to under 18's.

Well, how can anyone disagree with common-sense? ;)

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 02:44
I'm going to raise my head above the parapet and agree with you here. I think lots of parents are unwilling to foregoe things they think they should still be able to do e.g. dining out, foreign holidays and dare I say both work.

Steady!! Mind yer heid!!

Of course, you're right. The needs of the child should always over-ride the desires of the parent.

Surely this goes without saying?

crayola
24-Feb-07, 02:57
I'm going to raise my head above the parapet and agree with you here. I think lots of parents are unwilling to foregoe things they think they should still be able to do e.g. dining out, foreign holidays and dare I say both work.luskentyre alert! I've met you before. You wanted to sterilise women you felt were unworthy of bearing children.

Do you have children? Wait, I think I know the answer to that.

crayola
24-Feb-07, 03:01
Well, the positive rep I've got from this thread would suggest you're incorrect. Almost 100% of it has come from women.Downtrodden ones of your acquaintance?

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 03:03
None of them of my acquaintance.

You can call them "downtrodden" if you want. I'd never presume so.

crayola
24-Feb-07, 03:14
Defend the litigious state as much as you wish. I prefer taking my custom to catering establishments wherein the staff endeavour to help their fellow human beings to look after their infant offspring as best they can.

I have rarely encountered the attitudes reported by the original poster. Perhaps it's a Highland thing.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 03:24
Defend the litigious state as much as you wish.

Thank you. Although if you read my words properly you'd see that I am defending the child, and not litigiousness per se.

luskentyre
24-Feb-07, 09:39
luskentyre alert! I've met you before. You wanted to sterilise women you felt were unworthy of bearing children.

Do you have children? Wait, I think I know the answer to that.

Crayola, you have this bizarre knack of distorting what people say. I never singled out women in my comments on that thread (just as Metalattakk didn't either on this one).

kitty
24-Feb-07, 11:58

It's not rocket science.

What are you on about. Surely your mother had to take you places but if you acted anything like you do now i wouldn't of bothered taking you anywhere

DarkAngel
24-Feb-07, 12:04
What are you on about. Surely your mother had to take you places but if you acted anything like you do now i wouldn't of bothered taking you anywhere

LOL! Was just thinking the exact same!:lol:

Cinders392
24-Feb-07, 12:19
[QUOTE=Metalattakk;193841]So, you're quite happy to rant about not being able to put yourself before the well-being of your child? Why did you have a child in the first place? Didn't you realise that once you had a child you wouldn't be able (or couldn't possibly be able) to behave exactly as you did before the child arrived?

Wow! I can see where you come from but I have never had this problem in inverness or in caithness. They were always happy to give hot water for my bairns food and I didnt need to warm the milk as it was naturally warm straight from the breast!

You expect people to wish for the happiness of the child and normally people bend over backwards for our young, (circle of life and all that, they are the ones who hold the future). IM sure if the baby started crying they would come running with anything you wanted.

I would write to head office off pizza hut and complain.

I doubt that any caitnessessian would be eating all the time in pizza hut! One night off the health eating. A little of what you like is good for you!

Cinders392
24-Feb-07, 12:23
[QUOTE=crayola;194220]luskentyre alert! I've met you before. You wanted to sterilise women you felt were unworthy of bearing children.

WHAT!? Surely not. Everyone has their own views on how to raise children and how to be a parent!

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 12:26

Of course my mother took her children places.

But the difference is, she didn't then whinge and moan when people didn't provide everything necessary to look after her children. That was her responsibility - no one else's - and she knew and accepted that fact.

She knew that it was wrong to put her own 'need' for dining in crappy fast food restaurants over and above her responsibility of looking after her children properly.

The needs of the child must come first.

Heck, none of you are getting this, are you? :roll:

Torvaig
24-Feb-07, 12:51

It's not rocket science.

You are very right in many cases; no matter our changing circumstances, a lot of us still expect the "right" to have the things we want.

Surely we must be able to adapt to whatever our life style is and what we can afford; be it having a family, dealing with disability or just ourselves.

A lot of folks think they (and in no way am I referring to any one here) have the "right" to have all the mods cons; to be able to go out to the pub anytime; to have a holiday anytime; to have the latest fashions on ourselves and our children anytime no matter what our circumstances are.

This is where the financial institutions make their killings as we have to borrow the money to have all these things if we don't earn enough or get enough from the state benefits to live the life we want instead of what we can afford.

I think it is nothing but a bonus not being able to take a child into KFCs and other such fast food institutions. If we looked after their diet better, their health would benefit greatly. No obesity, or peelie wallie undernourished bairns and before any one jumps on my comments no, I'm not pointing the finger at any one on here; just making an observation which I feel strongly about generally.

As far as I can see, we only have the "right" to demand decent food, a roof over our heads, a warm home and the right to an adequate income. Anything above that is a bonus, not a "right".

May I suggest that anyone, who wants to be able to take their children in to a restaurant, checks ahead first to see if it is suitable. It only takes a phonecall and if they do not provide the facilities required then improvise as suggested, take a flask of hot water. Or even go somewhere else.

After all, you can only satisfy some of the people some of the time; not all of the people all of the time!:lol:

_Ju_
24-Feb-07, 13:02
I am a bit dim.....

But the difference is, she didn't then whinge and moan when people didn't provide everything necessary to look after her children. That was her responsibility - no one else's - and she knew and accepted that fact.

Then a person is not allowed to express an opinion about what they consider a poor service? Or only parents aren't allowed to?

She knew that it was wrong to put her own 'need' for dining in crappy fast food restaurants over and above her responsibility of looking after her children properly.

Does that mean if you go a a gourmet restaurant it's ok to dine out, EVEN if you are a parent? Or that parents are limited in their ability to eat food and look after their child at the same time (if this is true, then what about the neglect children suffer at home everytime their parents dare to eat a meal or do anything other than supervise their cherished children....I think that parents should alternate: one day dad, the next mum, are dedicated solely to properly careing for their children, with no meal breaks and quite possibly no potty breaks either! Single parents will just have to go into a never ending Ramadan)? Or that eating in restaurants accompanied by their children constitutes some form of neglect? Would leaving the child with a baby sitter not be also irresponsable.... these people sitting on babies, it could be considered cruel, you know!?

Now call me stupid ( and yes, I know you have called me that and much more while reading this, and maybe other, posts), but when a parent is trying to feed their hungry child, they are putting the needs of that child paramount? :confused

No I'm not, but then I have already admitted I am a bit dim: I didn't realise that being a parent stopped your existance and I always thought that it took a village to raise a child, not one or two parents.

kitty
24-Feb-07, 13:08
Of course my mother took her children places.

I agree that the needs of the child should come first but every parent has a right to still go out and have dinner somewhere and places like pizza hut and kfc etc are generally where your older children will choose to have something to eat so therefore you think it would be good common sense and profitable if they had the sense to provide services for the younger members of the family that have to come with you on family nights out.
You may aswell say that restaraunts shouldn't provide toilet facilities for us adults because you should've gone before you left the house

Torvaig
24-Feb-07, 13:21
"You may aswell say that restaraunts shouldn't provide toilet facilities for us adults because you should've gone before you left the house."

Oh Kitty, that gave me a chuckle but I do see what you mean! :lol:

As I said before, and yes, I do have a family, it is better to phone ahead to see what facilities are available before setting off with no provision for heating baby's food. :)

sam
24-Feb-07, 13:21

I can totally see what you are trying to say here, but i guess that when things are written down everyone can take a completely different meaning from them.

It stands to reason that if you are going to go anywhere with your kids then you will make sure that you are going to have everything you will need for them or go somewhere that you know will provide the things you need, as your kids needs have to come first and i believe that this is what you are trying to get across here

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 13:25
I am a bit dim.....

Then a person is not allowed to express an opinion about what they consider a poor service? Or only parents aren't allowed to?

Denigrate a poor service all you want, if you consider that service should include looking after your children while you indulge your selfish desires.

Does that mean if you go a a gourmet restaurant it's ok to dine out, EVEN if you are a parent? Or that parents are limited in their ability to eat food and look after their child at the same time (if this is true, then what about the neglect children suffer at home everytime their parents dare to eat a meal or do anything other than supervise their cherished children....I think that parents should alternate: one day dad, the next mum, are dedicated solely to properly careing for their children, with no meal breaks and quite possibly no potty breaks either! Single parents will just have to go into a never ending Ramadan)? Or that eating in restaurants accompanied by their children constitutes some form of neglect? Would leaving the child with a baby sitter not be also irresponsable.... these people sitting on babies, it could be considered cruel, you know!?

Quality rant, but...you've lost me....:lol:

Would you take your child to a Gourmet restaurant and complain at the lack of chicken dippers and chips?

Now call me stupid ( and yes, I know you have called me that and much more while reading this, and maybe other, posts), but when a parent is trying to feed their hungry child, they are putting the needs of that child paramount? :confused

No wonder you're confused. This isn't about NOT feeding your child. This is about expecting everyone else to go out of their way just so you (or whoever) can go out and do whatever you want.

You can't - you have a child to look after. The child comes first.

No I'm not, but then I have already admitted I am a bit dim: I didn't realise that being a parent stopped your existance and I always thought that it took a village to raise a child, not one or two parents.

To a certain extent, the minute you have a child your life is secondary to the life of your child. Your existence is altered forever.

How often do you hear parents who say they would die for their child?

Yet you'd rather put your own interests (i.e., expecting to go to Pizza Hut and for them to then prostrate themselves at your feet) instead of putting the needs of your child first?

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 13:28
I can totally see what you are trying to say here, but i guess that when things are written down everyone can take a completely different meaning from them.

It stands to reason that if you are going to go anywhere with your kids then you will make sure that you are going to have everything you will need for them or go somewhere that you know will provide the things you need, as your kids needs have to come first and i believe that this is what you are trying to get across here

Indeed. Thank you for understanding.

Moby
24-Feb-07, 13:29
Matalattakk, I understand what point you are trying to make and I doubt anyone is arguing with you that it is the parents responsibility to ensure that they have the possible needs of a child covered before leaving the house. However places like Pizza Hut, Macdonalds etc are advertised as fast food quick and easy family restaurants. I am sure there are many who would agree that taking a toddler to a "fine dining" restaurant would probably bring them out in hives! Sometimes it can be like going out with a time bomb but you just don't know when they are going to go off. There is nothing worse than the Mr & Mrs "Tut Tuts" of this world judging your every move.

..And tell me this:- What self-respecting parent would take their 10 month old child to Pizza Hut or KFC in the first place? What are you thinking, for goodness' sake?

When travelling we use this kind of facility - It's fast and easy and the kids love it. We only go once in a blue moon and I can really see very little harm in eating this type of food on a rare occasion ("rare" being the operative word here). I definately have issues with parents who feed their children this type of food on a regular basis though.

kitty
24-Feb-07, 13:34
"You may aswell say that restaraunts shouldn't provide toilet facilities for us adults because you should've gone before you left the house."

Oh Kitty, that gave me a chuckle but I do see what you mean! :lol:

As I said before, and yes, I do have a family, it is better to phone ahead to see what facilities are available before setting off with no provision for heating baby's food. :)

I totally agree but the trouble is sometimes things just don't work out the way you planned them and you could be out longer than you expected. I allways took everything with me i thought i would need for the time i would be out but i guess that sometimes you just get caught out and a little bit of help and friendliness from staff anywhere will mean alot. The last thing you want is a grumpy baby crying the place down because they are hungry. It will put other diners off their food.

Torvaig
24-Feb-07, 13:38
I totally agree but the trouble is sometimes things just don't work out the way you planned them and you could be out longer than you expected. I allways took everything with me i thought i would need for the time i would be out but i guess that sometimes you just get caught out and a little bit of help and friendliness from staff anywhere will mean alot. The last thing you want is a grumpy baby crying the place down because they are hungry. It will put other diners off their food.

You are quite right Kitty, we all get caught out with things from time to time. Just a pity they haven't invented the perfect parent yet! Well.........;)
Cheers.

scotsboy
24-Feb-07, 16:43
I’m a bit confused here, what is selfish about wanting to eat? If you are traveling or away from home for a long period then you require to eat – in fact believe it or not your child may need to be fed as well, what is selfish about that?
I also don’t get the non-paying customers bit, because children are not able to pay for things themselves they should be excluded all services?? That would save the Chancellor a few bob in both health and education – why educate children who can’t pay for it? But of course we all know that there is nothing for free and the service is paid for.
The health and safety argument is also a nonsense – I could be wrong but I am sure I have seen hot bowls of soup and pots of tea/coffee delivered to tables.
Or is what Matalattakk suggesting that if Children cannot eat from a menu they should not be taken into the establishment? I disagree with that, but that is my humble opinion.

Torvaig
24-Feb-07, 17:14
"The health and safety argument is also a nonsense "

Scotsboy, I think the health and safety thing would be that the staff are not allowed to take responsibility for heating liquid for hot drinks etc., for babies even though every parent would test it anyway.

There are a lot of rules out there which are nonsense but then there a lot of people out there who have no sense.

Now if they were all perfect like us........;)

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 17:17
I’m a bit confused here, what is selfish about wanting to eat? If you are traveling or away from home for a long period then you require to eat – in fact believe it or not your child may need to be fed as well, what is selfish about that?

It's selfish to drag your kids to places where their dietary needs (i.e., you may not be able to feed your child) could be ignored, for a start.

Whoever said that the parents have a right to traipse all over the country, dragging their kids with them?

You have kids, you stay at home and look after them. You don't force them into long car or train journeys, or keep them "away from home for a long period" just so you can have a bit of fun.

I'm beginning to arrive at the conclusion that some parents just don't have the best interests of their children at heart. :(

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 17:25
Wow this sure took of like a fire. I guess Metalattakk puts their point over regardless of peoples feelings. How do i know this well, its happened time and probably time again, where the words are probably clear but very harsh. Sounds more like a Gripe or possible chip on shoulder. Yep ur a parent for goodness sake as u would put it settle down. Hell u make it sound like u chew ur kids food afore feedin it ta them [lol] Parenthood changes ur life, wow hope it hasna scarred u ...
I do understand what u are saying but for once, be gentle, Bottom line, simple fact is that its NOT NOT NOT NOT hard to heat a little ones food. To many rules in this world.. Now if some have a gripe wea people they think is high and mighty then don't show it... Remember we are all equal... Now i sit and tap ma fingers for the response ( do not pick on ma poor typin as i danna care about ma typin, it's not important )... Words can hurt people though, as for me i dont care about words hurting me...

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 17:35
danc1ngwitch: Your words are noted and summarily dismissed.

I will be harsh and use harsh language whenever I am annoyed enough to post about a subject. Is this not an emotive enough subject to justify it?

If you (or anyone) think that ignoring your child's needs is a right of the parent, then I'm very sorry (See? Being nice now... ;)) but I cannot sit back and just ignore it.

If blatant selfishness to the detriment of children is OK in their book, then why did they have children in the first place? [disgust]

Angela
24-Feb-07, 17:38
It's selfish to drag your kids to places where their dietary needs (i.e., you may not be able to feed your child) could be ignored, for a start.

Whoever said that the parents have a right to traipse all over the country, dragging their kids with them?

You have kids, you stay at home and look after them. You don't force them into long car or train journeys, or keep them "away from home for a long period" just so you can have a bit of fun.

I'm beginning to arrive at the conclusion that some parents just don't have the best interests of their children at heart. :(

Sorry, Matalattakk, but I think you've got this completely out of proportion.
The original post was about a visit to a pizza restaurant...nothing to do with "dragging" or "forcing" kids...to do anything.

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 17:45
being nice is not something i have found in ur post's, in any thread.
Sounds to me like u have a gripe because ur life was ruined by children. Do u get annoyed easy??? Were u held back because of a partner that needed lots of support (more than average) maybe??? Calm down... the girl wanted some food heated, ta the bin wea all the rules... no one is neglecting children or taking them long drives... Getting ur opinion in is very important ta u ... xxx let it go or u will end up wea high blood pressure:roll:

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 17:47
My response was to a separate post, not the original.

It's called 'conversation'. The conversation ebbs and flows, goes off down side-streets and up hill and down dale.

...nothing to do with "dragging" or "forcing" kids...to do anything.
Of course, it's not about that. Read that post of mine again. It's all about having responsibilities and caring for your children before yourself.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 17:50
being nice is not something i have found in ur post's, in any thread.
Sounds to me like u have a gripe because ur life was ruined by children. Do u get annoyed easy??? Were u held back because of a partner that needed lots of support (more than average) maybe??? Calm down... the girl wanted some food heated, ta the bin wea all the rules... no one is neglecting children or taking them long drives... Getting ur opinion in is very important ta u ... xxx let it go or u will end up wea high blood pressure:roll:

Eh? Amateur psychotherapist now?

Dinna get all in a gluff now...[lol]

scotsboy
24-Feb-07, 17:50

I can honestly say I have never heard such a load of trash in a long long time.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 17:55
Oh really, scotsboy?

Care to enlighten me where I've gone wrong? Or do you believe it's every parent's right to put their child's needs after their own?

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 17:58
Eh? Amateur psychotherapist now?

Dinna get all in a gluff now...[lol]
u are embarrassin ursel for goodness sake, settle down.. its true u ytpe as much crap as i do... listen here u mind ur own now begone an be sensible, [lol] wink wink... tickles under ur chin der u go, toys are given back xxx

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 18:01
oh an i feedin ma yung een as i type crap ta u [lol] got any more ta say

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 18:04
Sorry. I can't make head nor tail o' that. :confused

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 18:09
Sorry. I can't make head nor tail o' that. :confused
good, glad i got u stumped. see it didna take much... u should feel guilt for ur hurtful words... each post past and present... all that raving maddness cause people wanted to eat... no harm was caused ta the child... rolls eyes glad i am me an not u... bring ursel back down ta earth ... btw i aint sayin ur a worm ok afore u take it wrong:roll:

scotsboy
24-Feb-07, 18:11
Oh really, scotsboy?

Care to enlighten me where I've gone wrong? Or do you believe it's every parent's right to put their child's needs after their own?

I doubt you will find anyone arguing that parents put their own needs in front of their children; I have yet to hear anyone apart from yourself draw that conclusion.

The original post related to the heating/warming of food which was carried by the parent. So the parent had gone to the trouble of taking food with them, the problem only arose when the establishment would not heat it up. But of course in your world they would have had to stay at home – hopefully with an uninterruptible power supply.

Whether you have gone wrong or not is not the issue, your views are simplistic, intransigent and unrealistic.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 18:19
good, glad i got u stumped. see it didna take much...

Sorry for not being au fait with illiteracy. I'll mark it down under "Must Try Harder".

u should feel guilt for ur hurtful words...

Should I? I certainly don't feel guilty. Why on earth would I? I'm not here to make friends and build up a network of online buddies that I've never met. I don't have to ingratiate myself with anyone here.

I speak my mind, get used to it.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 18:23
Scotsboy:-

Simplistic? Perhaps.

Intransigent? Indeed. But then it's a subject that deserves strong wills.

Unrealistic? Yes, I agree. It's too late now to change people's attitudes for the better.

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 18:25
i speak mine to and this is how it goes... i spend no seasons wea a fool, now these are my last words [lol] ( i spend no seasons wea a fool ) i respect others even if i av never met them... u are a complete waste of my time... i am of ta have my dinner so to u it is mm and now mp :roll:

scotsboy
24-Feb-07, 18:37
Scotsboy:-

Simplistic? Perhaps.

Intransigent? Indeed. But then it's a subject that deserves strong wills.

Unrealistic? Yes, I agree. It's too late now to change people's attitudes for the better.

And therein lays you problem – it is never too late to change attitudes.

_Ju_
24-Feb-07, 18:37

I shall inform my family that it is not in my childs interest to be dragged on long journeys to see them.

I shall tell them that if they come and visit him here he (and I) will not leave the house with him because it is not in his welfare to take him sight-seeing.

I will flagelate myself tonight for having dared to leave my family to work far away from them, thus leeding to the need for these journeys.

I will do penance by kneeling on nails for daring to work in the first place because we all know that that is the first symptom of neglect.

And finally I will negate any type of interaction of my son with other people or his enviroment, because it is not in his interest that he see different realities, contact with different people and learn about the world. It is very important to keep him at home, limited to the back garden and school at the most. Maybe I should home school.... that way we could lock ourselves away for the next decade..... especially now that tesco does home deliveries....[lol]

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 18:43
At this point in the discussion, I'd like to thank all of you who have repped me or sent supportive PMs to me about this thread.

I'm very glad that you all were prepared to understand and able to sift through the rubbish and pick out the reality.

Now, this thread is rapidly descending down the path towards an inevitable flame-war, and I want no part of it. It seems that people don't like opinions which challenge their own, they have to try to respond by throwing insults. I'm not going to rise to it (this time ;))

To all I will say only this:

Put your children first.

Intransigently (:D) yours,

Metalattakk

scotsboy
24-Feb-07, 18:48
Oh the irony.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 18:52
Hehe...[evil]

Nah, it's not worth it....;)

BRIE
24-Feb-07, 18:57
well havent I hit a nerve!! I take it Metalattakk you do not have children?
I do not class taking my child to Inverness to buy him shoes & then taking him to a restaurant to feed him as being a bad parent!
maybe you feel that leaving your child with someone else everytime you want to go anywhere is acceptable but I dont!
Im a mother of 4 children & dont expect other people to provide or look after my children all I wanted was to be able to give my child a warm meal while out shopping, I didnt feed him fast food crap as Id taken everything needed with me!
I dont see how this is at all out of order do you?
As for me wanting to eat a pizza why should I, Im not asking anyone else to eat fast food but if I want to then I shall!!

also to the reply of my child getting burnt if hot water is brought to the table thats exactly what the restaurant did but in a bottle warmer.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 19:07
One thing that always amazes me is how people on a message board or forum only ever see what they want to see. They never (it seems) look at the whole picture and either agree or disagree. They'll pick out the wee bits they've misread and/or misunderstood, and vent their spleen about that instead.

It all becomes very tiring after a while.

As I've been told privately, many of these people will refuse to see or understand my viewpoint, and then will use me as a target to beat with their sticks.

Do one of two things, BRIE:

1) Read my posts and try to understand. It matters not if you disagree or agree, it matters that you've tried to understand.

or

2) Beat me with your stick, and remain in ignorance.

It's up to you. I'm beyond caring either way.

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 19:11
[lol]..........

BRIE
24-Feb-07, 19:20
what didnt I understand??
I understood perfectly that your having a pop at a parent who was doing the best for their child.
Im sorry for not having a prehistoric opinion on how to bring up my children like you obviously do.

everone is entitled to an opinion but dont label me a bad parent for not having the same one as you![evil]

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 19:29
what didnt I understand??
I understood perfectly that your having a pop at a parent who was doing the best for their child.
Im sorry for not having a prehistoric opinion on how to bring up my children like you obviously do.

everone is entitled to an opinion but dont label me a bad parent for not having the same one as you![evil]

I haven't labelled you a bad parent anywhere. I don't even know you. I wasn't "having a pop at a parent who was doing the best for their child" either, although if you want, I can do so.

Look at the big picture, please.

Is it prehistoric to think that putting the child first is essential in child-rearing?

BRIE
24-Feb-07, 19:38

I was feeding my child that was hungry! if thats putting myself before my child them please shoot me!
with these comments you ARE making out im a bad parent & any other parent wanting to eat out with a child!
Yes I feel your comments are prehistoric your mother could probably of taken you anywhere as a child as there wasnt any difficulty getting somewhere to warm baby food at that time.

_Ju_
24-Feb-07, 19:41
Is it prehistoric to think that putting the child first is essential in child-rearing?

No one said, implied or left written between the lines that putting a child first is not what is important. What is pre-historic is considering that eating out is neglecting that duty (of putting the/a child first) or having a life outside of your children.

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 19:50
Yes I feel your comments are prehistoric your mother could probably of taken you anywhere as a child as there wasnt any difficulty getting somewhere to warm baby food at that time

What??!!! Do you really think that's true? I seriously think you're talking guff now.

Now, did you see what I did there? Did you?

I deliberately refused to look at all of your post, and cherry-picked the bit that I immediately disagreed with.

It's the easiest thing in the world to do.

Now, if I were to look at all of your post, and try to understand what you're saying, I could come up with the following response: -

You obviously think that taking a 10-month old to a fast food restaurant, and expecting the restaurant to heat up it's food for you, is a 'good' and acceptable thing to do.

The fast food restaurant in question obviously disagrees. I obviously disagree.

Perhaps you'd like to try to convince me why it's a 'good' idea?

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 19:53
No one said, implied or left written between the lines that putting a child first is not what is important. What is pre-historic is considering that eating out is neglecting that duty (of putting the/a child first) or having a life outside of your children.

And with that _Ju_ I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree.

I firmly believe that you cannot have a "life outside of your children". To think that you can seems awfully negligent to me.

badger
24-Feb-07, 19:54
If you decide to have children you should accept that there are certain things you won't be able to do for a while. All these people attacking Metalattakk (do you have to such an unspellable name?) are getting things way out of proportion. Obviously the more children you have, the longer your life will be restricted by their best interests and needs. That's your decision, live with it. Foreign holidays (or any long distance travel unless essential), meals out, long shopping trips, etc. are not appreciated by small babies. If the welfare of your children is not your priority, then don't have children. You don't have to.

It's time the decision to have children was taken more seriously. I'm not suggesting any orgers are like this (Heaven forbid), but one reason Britain has the worst reputation in the developed world for raising children is that too many parents don't - raise them, I mean. They have them and then expect everyone, or anyone, else to look after them. Stick them in front of the tv for meals instead of eating round the table and talking, put a tv in the bedroom so they don't need a bedtime story, give them computers but don't watch what they're up to, then in a few years time wonder why they're out of control and wandering the streets with guns and knives.

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 19:57
it's food for you <<< why do u have to call the wee one an *it*...

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 19:59
Because at this point in time I cannot remember whether "it" is a boy or a girl.

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 20:02
maybe some things do get set aside, like eating around the table 3 X a day. Which i love doing ( gives u time ta catch up we all thats happening in school etc etc )
But surely, some one cannot be called selfish for taking the child to pizza hut??? Wow wipes my brow ( i am glad i sit in and look at 4 walls day and night ) Canna fault me, ops but then :roll:

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 20:02
If you decide to have children you should accept that there are certain things you won't be able to do for a while. All these people attacking Metalattakk (do you have to such an unspellable name?) are getting things way out of proportion. Obviously the more children you have, the longer your life will be restricted by their best interests and needs. That's your decision, live with it. Foreign holidays (or any long distance travel unless essential), meals out, long shopping trips, etc. are not appreciated by small babies. If the welfare of your children is not your priority, then don't have children. You don't have to.

It's time the decision to have children was taken more seriously. I'm not suggesting any orgers are like this (Heaven forbid), but one reason Britain has the worst reputation in the developed world for raising children is that too many parents don't - raise them, I mean. They have them and then expect everyone, or anyone, else to look after them. Stick them in front of the tv for meals instead of eating round the table and talking, put a tv in the bedroom so they don't need a bedtime story, give them computers but don't watch what they're up to, then in a few years time wonder why they're out of control and wandering the streets with guns and knives.

Bravo! Well said.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum, we have here someone who understands!

scotsboy
24-Feb-07, 20:06
Whilst I appreciate that some people may think that there are things you can’t do whilst raising a family I disagree, and I would like some evidence to support their hypothesis. Just did a quick search and came across a website entitled www.raisingkids.co.uk and guess what? It says you can travel with kids, eat out with kids, go on holiday with kids – sounds like great fun. In fact if I didn’t have two already it may make me want to have some, come to think of it, where’s the wife, I think we need to have some more!!

http://www.raisingkids.co.uk/homepages/homepage_default.asp

Metalattakk
24-Feb-07, 20:10
LOL! Nice one scotsboy!

As for evidence, how about this:

If you take your 10-month old son to Pizza Hut they won't warm his food for you (or him).

There's something you can't do whilst raising a family. ;)

BRIE
24-Feb-07, 20:11
cherry picking is exactly what you did to my post too & also assumed that my life hasnt changed since having my children & that I subject my children to unnessecary travel etc[evil]

please go back & read between the lines! also if you had children yourself im sure you would be able to relate to what im saying.

I chose to take my child shopping for shoes not an unnessecary trip as he has to have his feet measured( in my childs best intrests dont want him getting deformed feet from ill fitting shoes!)
I also took my child to a family restaurant to feed him (Not a pub) which provides high chairs for your child to sit in so obviously expects children to come there but yet refuses to heat up food to feed them so yes I do find this unacceptable.
I believe if its classed as a family restaurant it should provide a family service
& if there not willing to warm up food then they should provide food they can eat.

scotsboy
24-Feb-07, 20:12
Ah, but they did;)

danc1ngwitch
24-Feb-07, 20:14
restricted, (me im draggin a school behind me,) i danna need no preachin, but one thing i do know, to many rules for simple things...
as for attackin, nope holding opinion, and having a laugh while doin it.
( not ridiculin others unfairly )

scotsboy
25-Feb-07, 04:53
What about Toddlers going on holidays in their own country? How do foreign kids manage in their own country I wonder?
You have seen Toddlers crying!!!! How do you know that the kids are crying because they are being made to partake in adult activities? I assume you think that kids never cry whilst at the dinner table at home?

danc1ngwitch
25-Feb-07, 09:17
well guess i am about to upset a few that think that children should not be taken on long journeys... I will be taking my children and yes that includes my 11 week old baby to Australia... some children enjoy bus rides and airoplanes and trains... As for my baby, i will keep her happy cause thats ma job...

BRIE
25-Feb-07, 17:53
well I hope you have a lovely holiday danc1ngwitch! Im sure your children will enjoy every minute of it I know mine love going abroad & they love the treat of eating out every night while we are on holiday too!:Razz

sam
27-Feb-07, 19:42
well guess i am about to upset a few that think that children should not be taken on long journeys... I will be taking my children and yes that includes my 11 week old baby to Australia... some children enjoy bus rides and airoplanes and trains... As for my baby, i will keep her happy cause thats ma job...

lol are there any jobs going where you work a cant even afford bultins:(

robglysen
28-Feb-07, 08:12
I've had nothing but problems and rubbish food off inverness pizza hut anyway(think all the kids there are in the kitchen anyway!) , so its no loss really, recommend you visit a nice big family pup with decent facitlities.

danc1ngwitch
28-Feb-07, 15:20
i am not a pizza lover so i ain't ever been in pizza hut...
i prefer the big old everyone come around, slap thigh, eat together gathering...