PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lost an African Grey parrot

Croftergirl
01-Feb-14, 14:54
This afternoon (Saturday 1st feb) at around 12.20 an African Grey parrot flew past my mam as we were taking sheep in. It looked quite fit, and was flyin ok. It was seen again in Keiss (about 1 mile south of here) at 12.30. Someone must be missing their parrot. Ive checked with the vets in wick and the SSPCA but no one has reported missin a parrot just now. Maybe they haven't discovered its gone yet.I've posted all over facebook, I know I'd hate it if it was my Amazon who went missing. Keep your eyes peeled around keiss,lyth, reiss area and hopefully the parrot can be found by who ever is missin it.

smithp
01-Feb-14, 16:39
If you find this bird knock it on the head and send it to John Cleese - they'll be needing one soon.

linnie612
01-Feb-14, 16:52
If you find this bird knock it on the head and send it to John Cleese - they'll be needing one soon.

That was a Norwegian Blue ....

Croftergirl
01-Feb-14, 17:23
I reckon in this weather it'll be a poly gone very soon. Poor wee thing. Someone must be missin it by now, surely

Southern-Gal
02-Feb-14, 16:42
Hope someone manages to catch him even if nobody is missing him. He may not last very long out in the wind and cold.

George Brims
03-Feb-14, 21:10
You would be surprised how durable these birds are. Back in the 80s when I worked at the Royal Observatory in Edinburgh, a parrot escaped from a house nearby on Blackford Hill. It was loose for a couple of weeks in the worst winter I experienced in my time in and around Edinburgh. It eventually made its way home unharmed.