PDA

View Full Version : Torrisdale tunnel, skerray is getting ready for 2014 - are you?

linda.borgie
14-Jan-14, 22:19
TORRISDALE TUNNEL, SKERRAY IS GETTING READY FOR 2014!!! are you planning some fruit trees, a new garden hedge, a small garden planting or a huge wind break project - new stock arriving FEBRUARY - great deals in a good variety of native bare root at budget prices - facebook Torrisdale Tunnel or contact on 07895073707 for more information - thanks!

susie
23-Jan-14, 05:21
Hello. Will you be getting any alder whips?I am also thinking of getting a couple of new gooseberry bushes.

appilihp
23-Jan-14, 18:46
hi where are you please

linda.borgie
23-Jan-14, 19:19
Hi there, yes - I will have 40-60cm common alder, can supply bare root @ £1.55 each or potted @ £3.00 each. Also have both red & green gooseberry bushes, potted @ £5.00 each - thanks for now!

linda.borgie
23-Jan-14, 19:22
Hi there - we are in Skerray which is between Bettyhill & Tongue, approximately 40 miles from Thurso. Just let me know if you would like directions - thanks for now!

susie
24-Jan-14, 06:50
Thanks for the information. Do you have opening hours or do I make an appointment?
I am hoping to get 2 red and 2 green gooseberries and 20 bare root alders.
Cheerio.

linda.borgie
24-Jan-14, 09:58
Hi there - lovely! my stock should be ready around 7/8th February, and then we are self-service with an honesty box and always open. But for your order I will set it aside and contact you - if that suits? do you have a number I could contact you on? thanks for now

appilihp
24-Jan-14, 17:19
Hi I am for hedging that will with stand the winds up here. must be none poisonous as I have chickens and would like something that will provide food and shelter for wild birds any suggestions. do you supply your suggestions and how much a plant please bare root will be fine. thank you in advance

linda.borgie
24-Jan-14, 18:02
Hi there appilihp, yes I have a variety of native hedging, hawthorn, blackthorn, sea buckthorn, green beech, rosa rugosa, dog rose, june berry, berberis plus a few more. All are well suited to our wild weather. Most produce blossom followed by berries for wild life and provide a good thorny thick environment for shelter and possible nesting. I would recommend planting between 3 and 5 per meter, and where possible a slightly staggered hedge will grow good and thick. All bare root will be ready around 7/8th Feb, approx. 40-60cm and priced between £1.45 and £1.80. Hope this is helpful, thanks for now

appilihp
25-Jan-14, 00:33
ok thanks will work out what I need and come over Feb

Kenn
25-Jan-14, 01:08
Will be out to visit you at some point when the weather makes my thoughts turn to gardening.
Delighted with what we bought last year.

linda.borgie
25-Jan-14, 09:34
Great, thank you Lizz - see you in Feb! :)