PDA

View Full Version : Traffic lights

flowertot
11-Jan-14, 19:18
Can anyone advise me what the name of the street that the traffic lights sit on in the square in Thurso. Debate whether they are known as sir john square or trail street. It's the ones you would need to go through to go over the bridge coming from princes street.It would settle an argument

Kodiak
11-Jan-14, 19:42
The Traffic Lights sits on the Junction of the following Streets :-

Trail Street
Sinclair Street
Sir Georges Street
Sir Johns Square

Sir Johns Square goes from the Lights up to Princes Street
Sir Georges Street goes from the Lights and across the Bridge.
Sinclair Street goes from the Lights to the Library
Trail Street goes from the Lights to the Pedestrian Crossing at Cardosi's Cafe.

Swannie
11-Jan-14, 21:49
Sir Johns square going to and from Princes Street

orkneycadian
12-Jan-14, 00:15
Fortunately, this situation was foreseen by the late Edmund Ordnancesurvey-Google

Before he shuffled off this mortal coil, he had the brilliance to invent what we now know as "maps". Initially, these were published in paper form only, but with the invention of the InterWebNet, these could be readily downloaded, whatever that means.

Edmund Ordnancesurvey-Google's dying wish that was that maps should be available to the masses, both through the Ordnance Survey website (again, whatever that means) as well as Google (?:confused). I even understand that Edmund's last act was to drive the entire world, with a box brownie camera strapped to the roof of his beloved Morris Traveller, so that folk would not need to ask daft questions about "what is where".

It would be a shame if he died in vain.....

richardj
12-Jan-14, 09:43
and map http://binged.it/1eyBvkU

Big Gaz
12-Jan-14, 10:23
I even understand that Edmund's last act was to drive the entire world, with a box brownie camera strapped to the roof of his beloved Morris Traveller

Didn't a well loved Mr.Noakes and his dog Shep set out to faithfully recreate this epic journey, even down to using a morris traveller, many a moon ago?