PDA

View Full Version : Something for kids

Bloo
19-Feb-07, 18:38
Hello. I've noticed there is nothing for kids to do these days except go to the overpriced cinema where they only show late movies or movies for those who are older. The bowling alley is often full too. I have a friend who wants to open up a kids bar where they can go and get Soft drinks, play things like playstations, watch TV, lounge around or just hang out with there friends. If you would support her idea please PM me or post a reply. Thank you.

Buttercup
19-Feb-07, 18:59
Hello. I've noticed there is nothing for kids to do these days except go to the overpriced cinema where they only show late movies or movies for those who are older. The bowling alley is often full too. I have a friend who wants to open up a kids bar where they can go and get Soft drinks, play things like playstations, watch TV, lounge around or just hang out with there friends. If you would support her idea please PM me or post a reply. Thank you.
What exactly was there for kids before? :confused This seems to be a common saying but they appear to have nothing less than I had growing up and that was long before the bowling alley! [lol]
(Though I will admit there was the picture house open on Saturday mornings.)

KCI
19-Feb-07, 19:04
There are various youth groups and church groups for children of all ages, but I do agree that there could be more for children.

I would support any other facilities for children in Caithness, as long as it was run by responsible people, with experience and qualifications.

It's sad to see kids just hanging around on street corners in the evenings, and it would be nice if there was somewhere else for them to go.

mums angels
19-Feb-07, 20:27
These kind of things have been tried before but never seem to work , i think it would be a good idea but would rather that there wasnt video games e.t.c kids these days play them way too much at home as it is.
kids need active sports to do i would love an ice skating rink and a great indoor soft play area for the younger ones, i looked into this not long ago you can get great grants etc as long as you can prove theres going to be a good income.

Woolie
19-Feb-07, 20:32
I would really support something like espeacially in wick my son is 10 11 this yr and often gets bored.

danc1ngwitch
19-Feb-07, 20:57
We used ta go around wea a wheel an a stick , had fun for hours. I think this would kill kids today. We used ta gather in the swing park ta play stick in the mud or british bull dogs ( is that banned now, british bulldogs?)

rainbow
19-Feb-07, 22:27
What about the pool? Good exercise and good fun if you take a group of pals. If kids are bored because the cinema and bowling alley is too dear, then they have a very pretty poor imagination.

Moby
19-Feb-07, 23:27
My life is one big taxi drive transporting kids from one club/hobby to the next 6 days a week (I get monday off). There are a huge amount of good clubs for children in Caithness.

bobsgirl
20-Feb-07, 23:31
There is a resonable amount of things to do for kids. Just that most things do need transportation to get there and some do cost a fortune.
I reckon the Ice Skating Rink is a good idea, I would love to go with the kids myself. Good form of exercise too. I do not like the idea of kids being glued to a T.V or some sort of games console.
The weather is getting better so the more outdoors and exercise the kids get the better.

luskentyre
20-Feb-07, 23:44
Sorry, but I disagree that there is "nothing for kids to do these days". How spoonfed do they need to be "these days"? There is a vast array of activities for kids to get involved in, far more than there was when I was young - and I was never bored.

Bloo
21-Feb-07, 18:07
I've noticed that some seem like their directed at ME. Please dont do that as its not my idea it is a friends and im looking for people to support her. It is an IDEA and for all you who said "there is things to do" i think kids have well and thoroughly exhausted them, they do get bored with things easier. Please dont direct any posts at me because it sure felt like it :(

kc
21-Feb-07, 18:38
I think something for older kids would be a good idea, kids of about age 10 + if they are not fully commited,have a habbit of either giving up the activity they do or starting a new one they really want to do, usually the first!! Also they make new friends when they start high school and if those friends dont do any thing then nothing new gets tried.
If parents have more than one child its possible they cant afford the £2 or so needed for each activity per child, so somewhere safe and dry to "hang out " I think would be ideal ( as its not always cool to be at your own home)
Younger children are easier pleased so the after school clubs are ideal.
The older boys around here seem to love football and are happy outside playing no matter what the weather!!Oh my washing!!!