PDA

View Full Version : Phone call asking about delivery of BT Directory

dortmunder
19-Dec-13, 20:52
I had a phone call about 7pm. Very curt chap - no 'Good evening', didn't introduce himself - asking if I'd had a BT directory delivered. He then asked 'Is this [my address]?', said Thank You and hung up.

Has anyone else had this?

cptdodger
19-Dec-13, 21:11
I had a phone call about 7pm. Very curt chap - no 'Good evening', didn't introduce himself - asking if I'd had a BT directory delivered. He then asked 'Is this [my address]?', said Thank You and hung up.

Has anyone else had this?

I have'nt myself, but I know they do this because I worked for "The "Phone Book" when I was with BT. If I remember correctly, BT tender the contract out to a firm to deliver it. and unless it's changed, I think it's the company that's responsible for the delivery that will have contacted you.

dortmunder
19-Dec-13, 21:28
Checking up on their drivers, perhaps? Guy could have been a bit more friendly...

cptdodger
19-Dec-13, 22:16
Checking up on their drivers, perhaps? Guy could have been a bit more friendly...

I agree, civility costs nothing ! Back in 2008, it cost the customer £10 for a replacement phone book, however if we got a few phone calls from the same area from people saying they had not received theirs, then the contractor ran the risk of not being paid.