PDA

View Full Version : UKAEA Fined £140,000!!

Deemac
15-Feb-07, 13:44
Forgive me if I have this wrong (I am not an expert in this field).

UKAEA Dounreay receives it funding from The NDA. The NDA is funded by the government. The government is funded from your and my tax money.

UKAEA is fined by the legal system in this country which is paid for by (you've guessed it) your and my tax money.

So £140,000 of tax payers money is transfered from one publically funded organisation to another as punishment and lots of lawers get to make even more money during this process!! (so the total cost to the tax payer is??)

Are the only winners in this scenario the lawers? Have I missed something?:confused

Gleber2
15-Feb-07, 13:50
Forgive me if I have this wrong (I am not an expert in this field).

UKAEA Dounreay receives it funding from The NDA. The NDA is funded by the government. The government is funded from your and my tax money.

UKAEA is fined by the legal system in this country which is paid for by (you've guessed it) your and my tax money.

So £140,000 of tax payers money is transfered from one publically funded organisation to another as punishment and lots of lawers get to make even more money during this process!! (so the total cost to the tax payer is??)

Are the only winners in this scenario the lawers? Have I missed something?:confused

You are merely becoming tuned to the realities of life in the 21st century.
Criminals are caught by the police on tax payer's money. The government pays for the persecution, the prosecution, the defence, the court costs and then £30,000 a year to keep them in jail. Only the lawers make a profit.

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Feb-07, 14:42
That's right - shafted yet again.

Rheghead
15-Feb-07, 18:03
So what you are saying is this. A policeman, a public servant, beats up an innocent member of the Public and gets a hefty fine. The said fine is paid to another publicly funded body ie the criminal courts.

The verdict is this, the prosecution case is a farce as public money is going from one purse to another and the lawyers are getting richer.

Yeah right...[lol]

ywindythesecond
15-Feb-07, 18:55
So what you are saying is this. A policeman, a public servant, beats up an innocent member of the Public and gets a hefty fine. The said fine is paid to another publicly funded body ie the criminal courts.

The verdict is this, the prosecution case is a farce as public money is going from one purse to another and the lawyers are getting richer.

Yeah right...[lol]

Once again Rheghead homes in with his keen incisive brain, bounces sideways off the issue, and disappears back into that strange other world he inhabits.

If Dounreay is fined £140,000, it has to drop £140,000 worth of work, and it comes out of workers' legitimate expectations.

scotsboy
15-Feb-07, 18:57
Dounreay wasn't fined 140, 000 - UKAEA was.

ywindythesecond
15-Feb-07, 19:25
Dounreay wasn't fined 140, 000 - UKAEA was.
Thanks for the correction Scotsboy, same result though but perhaps spread around.
Perhaps not. I wouldn't want a share of a penalty incurred elsewhere.

Cattach
15-Feb-07, 23:07
Thanks for the correction Scotsboy, same result though but perhaps spread around.
Perhaps not. I wouldn't want a share of a penalty incurred elsewhere.

We were ones fined. By a loy more than !40,000 by the time solicitors, court officials, etc., etrc., etc., are paid. A very expensive exercise to put money into the pockets of a lot of already overpaid people in th elegal profession. There very people who get the guilty to plead not guilty until the last minute so that lots of fees are due.

Rheghead
15-Feb-07, 23:53
Are the only winners in this scenario the lawers?

No, I don't. We are also the winners. This case goes to show that no one is above the law, which includes Public funded bodies.

If the NHS was proved to be negligent for whatever reason, for example, it would be unthinkable that a case would not be made against them. The same principle applies to all persons and business.

On my planet, everyone is subject to the law...

Rheghead
16-Feb-07, 00:05
Once again Rheghead homes in with his keen incisive brain, bounces sideways off the issue, and disappears back into that strange other world he inhabits.

Just because I proved you to be wrong on all of your lies misinformation in the windfarm threads, you just can't give it a rest can you?