PDA

View Full Version : Conservative candidate

spurtle
25-Nov-13, 14:43
On the home page there are pictures and info on our candidates - escept the Conservative one. Now I know there was a write up in the paper about all of them, so why is she being taken out on this summary . I don't care if people won't vote for her
anyway etc etc but if you put up info about all except one it may look rather partisan. Not impressed!

Bill Fernie
25-Nov-13, 15:33
There is definitely nothing partisan about it. We have run free pages of information on many elections over the past 14 years.

Each time we ask candidates to send in information and a photograph for publication. In each election until this one we have had items submitted by most candidates.

I have repeated the request each time I placed a new candidates details but so far heard nothing from the Conservative candidate or her agent. All I know about the candidate is what I have gleaned from Google re previous elections she has stood elsewhere.

I do not have her contact details.

I realise she may not look at Caithness.org but usually most candidates in Caithness are checking around to find out about an area.

Happy to add her details if they are sent in.

I understand today that a leaflet has been sent out by the postal system for her.

So definitely nothing partisan, just lack of contact by her.

Aestus57
25-Nov-13, 16:11
She probably doesn't look at Caithness.org as she lives in Sutherland ..... Dornoch to be exact!

badger
25-Nov-13, 16:54
It would be nice to have someone who actually lives in the county this time !

ducati
25-Nov-13, 19:23
Probably took one look at the politics on the org. and said "let's not and pretend we did".

Rheghead
26-Nov-13, 16:15
It looks as if she can't be bothered to get elected. :eek:

ducati
26-Nov-13, 17:00
Yes, because posting on the org will definately get her elected. [lol]

Green_not_greed
26-Nov-13, 20:30
There is definitely nothing partisan about it. We have run free pages of information on many elections over the past 14 years.

Each time we ask candidates to send in information and a photograph for publication. In each election until this one we have had items submitted by most candidates.

I have repeated the request each time I placed a new candidates details but so far heard nothing from the Conservative candidate or her agent. All I know about the candidate is what I have gleaned from Google re previous elections she has stood elsewhere.

I do not have her contact details.

I realise she may not look at Caithness.org but usually most candidates in Caithness are checking around to find out about an area.

Happy to add her details if they are sent in.

I understand today that a leaflet has been sent out by the postal system for her.

So definitely nothing partisan, just lack of contact by her.

Well I certainly think it smacks of bias, at the very least a lack of fairness. You should simply post her scanned mailshot to even things out.

21963 21964