PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who: Day of the Doctor

Rheghead
24-Nov-13, 00:44
I like Dotd but why wasn't Peter Cushing represented in the show as one of the doctors? :confused

cptdodger
24-Nov-13, 03:43
I like Dotd but why wasn't Peter Cushing represented in the show as one of the doctors? :confused

I wondered that myself, I found this on Wikipedia -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Who_%28Dalek_films%29

kosacid
24-Nov-13, 10:13
it was a film not the series that,s why they didn't include him i think, but it was a good film though

cptdodger
24-Nov-13, 14:13
From what I have read, I think it was just based on the series. Peter Cushing was a human, a doctor and his surname was Who, he also travelled with two granddaughters and a niece. Also, as it was not done by the BBC, I think that's why he is not recognised as a "Doctor"!!

RagnarRocks
24-Nov-13, 16:37
I asked a friend of mine who is a bit of a fan and his response was the two actors in Dr Who films don't count as real Doctors

Rheghead
24-Nov-13, 20:03
Yes but Paul McGann was just in a film and he was there in Dotd. But the other question should be, why wasn't William Hartnell invited to play the part in the films? It was filmed before all that regeneration stuff anyway.

cptdodger
24-Nov-13, 23:50
The films with Peter Cushing were made by Amicus Productions, whereas Paul Mcgann's film was made by a collaboration between Fox, Universal Pictures, the BBC and BBC Worldwide. Also, Paul Mcgann regenerated from Sylvester McCoy. It just sounds to me the BBC does not recognise Peter Cushing as an official Doctor.

AliRaza94
10-Feb-15, 10:54
Watched this last week. I thought Christian Bale played the part very very well, Mark Wahlberg was good, but Christian stole the show.

9/10 for this film.