PDA

View Full Version : Favourite things

Angela
13-Feb-07, 18:40
What are your favourite things? - the ones that you can usually rely on to cheer you up at least a bit when you're feeling really down?

young_fishin_neep
13-Feb-07, 18:45
my friends, my pets, and sum good food :D

kaz xx

lassieinfife
13-Feb-07, 18:47
Chocolate every time lol:lol:

Glenys Hirst
13-Feb-07, 18:55
My dearest Sister up in Thurso,chocolate..any sort..and playing my fav cds..Journey South to name just one!

obiron
13-Feb-07, 19:16
the hubby and the kids and a bouncy tune or a good movie.

gee
13-Feb-07, 19:49
friends, music and cuddles

Billy Boy
13-Feb-07, 19:52
just to get home to mrs bb and the wee one is all i need:D well sometimes:lol:

gleeber
13-Feb-07, 19:57
Swallows in early April, Cadburys roses.

Errogie
13-Feb-07, 20:17
The first warm, still, spring evening with a clear sky giving a promise of good days to follow.

golach
13-Feb-07, 20:58
What are your favourite things? - the ones that you can usually rely on to cheer you up at least a bit when you're feeling really down?
I dont have a favouite thing. A favourite person, Mrs G, I can rely on her to cheer me up, and thats after 44 years

Victoria
13-Feb-07, 21:01
Thinking of the highlands!

fred
13-Feb-07, 21:02

A cup of tea before and a cigaret after.

Tubthumper
13-Feb-07, 21:17
The presence of Mrs. Thumper and her wonderful soup. Also a tin of Miller.

stratman
13-Feb-07, 21:25
Having lived in a 12 foot caravan with a stand pipe for the last 14 months I dream of the day I can turn on a warm tap and have a bath.

Oddquine
13-Feb-07, 21:30
My favourite things are when it is not raining/snowing/very windy and I can get outside to do all the stuff needing done....when my grandchildren phone just because............and an immensely large glass of dark rum and coke......in any order.....but preferably all on the same day!

cuddlepop
13-Feb-07, 21:37
A walk with my dog on the beach or in the snow.
The smell of the grass after an April shower.
Sunsets.:D

htwood
13-Feb-07, 21:37
Chatting with my daughters, walking on the beach or watching a river or stream, so soothing. Also Cadbury's Caramello or dark chocolate.

Tubthumper
13-Feb-07, 21:38
Cruising the streets with the neds and the cretins
Shopping in Tesco's for soup or for mittens
Reading the posts about underage flings
These are a few of my favourite things

Checking the Groat for the latest articles
Dounreay is leaking out lots of particles
Cinema for Thurso shows Lord of the Rings

In the dark night
Asda's shop might
get built in backyard
I simply remember my favourite things
And then life don't seem
Sooo hard

Robbers in masks holding knives in the mornings
Broken wing mirrors, the polis give warnings
Council have cutbacks, no chutes and no swings

etc etc...

Victoria
13-Feb-07, 22:08
Having lived in a 12 foot caravan with a stand pipe for the last 14 months I dream of the day I can turn on a warm tap and have a bath.

Hahahah! Bin there done that stratman!!

johno
13-Feb-07, 22:22
stepping of a plane in barbados ,malta ,spain. jamiaca. canada, the states any where for two or three weeks. great feeling :lol: :Razz

danc1ngwitch
13-Feb-07, 22:30
Dreams, I have always been a day dreamer, Wow u should endulge in my night time dreams [lol] ( i always remember that i am lucky i have my children with me )

squidge
13-Feb-07, 22:56
I find that losing myself in a good book is a good way to forget about things that are troubling me, a black and white movie, In the spring the lapwings in their sweeping wheeling flight always makes me smile, The Bruce and his hugs and the boys all around me. These always make troubles seem insignificant

Cinders392
13-Feb-07, 23:07
Home, there is nothing better than coming over the ord and up to caithness.

wifie
13-Feb-07, 23:31
Good soppy old film, having a good laugh with friends or my hubs.

canuck
14-Feb-07, 01:20
stepping of a plane in barbados ,malta ,spain. jamiaca. canada, the states any where for two or three weeks. great feeling :lol: :Razz

No, no, you don't want canada this week. We are expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight and it is bitterly cold.

changilass
14-Feb-07, 01:25
My hubby, my wee boy, my dogs and my family and friends all make me happy at different times and in different ways.:D

Fran
14-Feb-07, 02:44
The sunshine, watching birds flying together, Majorca, and seeing sick people recover.

cliffhbuber
14-Feb-07, 03:47
To be sitting under the limbs of a spreading tree taking in soft blue sky, light breezes, and soothing green vegetation.
Having steadfast rocks and splashing rollers nearby and birds overhead would be an added treat.

johno
14-Feb-07, 13:27
No, no, you don't want canada this week. We are expecting up to 2 feet of snow overnight and it is bitterly cold.
awe c,mon now i have cousins in toronto and they tell me its really hot in
july august. would,nt go in the early months get enough cold here.

:) :lol:

Lavenderblue2
14-Feb-07, 15:46
My favourite things are in no special order:-

The sound of a curlew, the first day that I see the swallows, bright sunshine flooding into any room, my little doggy, little things that the grandchildren do, the satisfied feeling I get after doing one of the hated domestic tasks like cleaning the oven, snuggling up with a good book - especially on a rainy Sunday afternoon, having my family around me, and good friends. There are bound to be loads more that I’ll think of later.

LB

mccaugm
14-Feb-07, 15:55
:) A newly made bed, my little boy when he chuckles, being told that I am loved, dinner at the Comm in Halkirk, my older boys bringing me a cup of tea without being prompted, my husband and family being together, Lindor chocolate, seeing my friends, a glass of Baileys with ice, a fresh bunch of flowers (wonder if my hubby will read this), Christmas Day and all the trimmings....

Ricco
15-Feb-07, 11:03
Hmmm, where to begin? Being on the moor above Thurso and hearing a curlew or sky lark; being up along the cliffs at Holburn Head and watching the gulls soaring along on the breeze; being out at sea and having just connected to a 60lb plus conger eel; seeing my wife smile (maybe that should be first); seeing so many people getting along on the org.

Whitewater
15-Feb-07, 12:08
Having all the family over, son & daughter with their respective partners, and my grandsons. Total chaos, but brilliant. Mrs Whitewater loves it as well although her back gets a bit sore with lifting our youngest grandson. No grandaughters as yet.