PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Advert

painter
31-Oct-13, 11:16
I keep getting an annoying advert that pops up randomly about a lottery for an American green card. Could anyone please advise me how I can get rid of it ?

Mr P Cannop
31-Oct-13, 16:00
am having the same probs

Alrock
31-Oct-13, 23:12
Firefox + Adblock Plus

Caithness Computers
01-Nov-13, 13:15
I keep getting an annoying advert that pops up randomly about a lottery for an American green card. Could anyone please advise me how I can get rid of it ?

Hi Painter & Mr P,

You may had an adware infection which is producing the annoying pop-ups. Try downloading Malwarebytes (it's free) by clicking here (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/). It should clean out the nasties.
Hope this helps!

-Graham

Wanted
01-Nov-13, 14:23
you could also try malware fighter by IO...also free...you need the pro version on malwarebytes which is not free

dx100uk
01-Nov-13, 20:01
combofix from bleeping computer site

download it to your desktop

restart the pc in safemode [keep hitting f8 key on start up]

select safemode with networking from list.

double click combofix on your desktop

ignore the anti virus warning

sitback and wait.

dx

painter
03-Nov-13, 12:01
Thanks everyone. Adblock seems to have fixed it .

Caithness Computers
04-Nov-13, 20:16
Thanks everyone. Adblock seems to have fixed it .

Glad you got it sorted Painter. I'd still suggest running a scan with either Malwarbytes or one of the other options mentioned, as AdBlock is just hiding the ad and as such it's treating the symptom instead of the cause. A quick malware/adware scan could save you from further problems down the line.

-Graham

atifn79
14-Dec-13, 05:55
a. Do the ads appear on any particular website?
I would like to inform you that the ads are provided by the website and that cannot be disabled.
If you have already tried enabling pop-up blockers, I would suggest you to disable ad-ons and check if that helps.
Steps:
a. Go to Desktop, Open Internet Explorer.
b. Top right corner, select “setting”.
c. Under settings select “manage ad-ons”.
d. Under “Add-on Type” select “Toolbars and Extensions”.
e. Select the Particular add-on and Disable.
For issues on Google Chrome, I would suggest you post the query in Google Chrome forum.