PDA

View Full Version : bb speeds statring to drop again in wick?

THEGAME
12-Mar-05, 21:18
hi all i have noticed and a few others that stay beside me seeing there speed dropping in wick i have also noticed pings are getting high again this happened before and had a problem at the exchange with the virtual path i wonder if that is the prob again anyone else having this same thing happen to them?

EDDIE
12-Mar-05, 22:45
Ive had broadband for a while if the webpage your on is busy it will be slow just like it was on a modem

THEGAME
13-Mar-05, 00:06
nah m8 i no wot ya mean but it aint that i have 1mb con and before the speed started to drop i can get 120kbs speed downloading and even when i do a speedtest on www.adslguide.org when the speed goes down its about 89kbs and when playing online games my noraml ping is 30 on jolt or any uk servers but as above the ping will jump to 80 to over 100.this happened before a few weeks after the exchange went live i then had 512 it was worse then cuz when it happened my speed would half or go under 25 odd kbs a sec which should have been just under 60 kbs and sometimes pings in game was 300+

THEGAME
18-Mar-05, 00:59
anyone else having the same prob cant just be me cause a few others that stay aroind me getting the same.

Riffman
19-Mar-05, 13:24
Mine was doin that, i was getting 220kps so I reinstsalled AOL and I now get 450kps.

Brizer2k2
19-Mar-05, 13:31
Gamers always complain about slow pings and spikes etc.

They dont know what they are talking about and have no idea how Broadband works and what factors are involved which can cause problems to online gamers.

I always get gamers reporting the same thing threatening to move ISP's etc.

I say let them go to the other ISP because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which ISP you are with, it is the same piece of copper from your home to the exchange.

Brizer2k2
19-Mar-05, 13:34
and another thing about gamers. The way they type, which makes no sense at all and use one HUGE long sentence

e.g. THE GAME said above "nah m8 i no wot ya mean but it aint that i have 1mb con and before the speed started to drop i can get 120kbs speed downloading and even when i do a speedtest on www.adslguide.org when the speed goes down its about 89kbs and when playing online games my noraml ping is 30 on jolt or any uk servers but as above the ping will jump to 80 to over 100.this happened before a few weeks after the exchange went live i then had 512 it was worse then cuz when it happened my speed would half or go under 25 odd kbs a sec which should have been just under 60 kbs and sometimes pings in game was 300+"

nonsense !!!

THEGAME
19-Mar-05, 15:21
lmao did you get out the wrong side of bed this morning?? now its people like you that think they know it all, i aint moving away from my isp i know for a fact it aint there fault,so i dont know where you seen that,and i also know its the exchange.And ill bet you by time most peeps get there upgrade from there isp its going to get even worse than it is now and that my friend is FACT.

Zael
19-Mar-05, 15:30
Not the ISPs fault?

rubbish, I switched ISPs because my ping was over 80 to jolt and now its 30-40. Beyond the exchange is where you meet the biggest problems, the ISP i am now with had 2 pipes of differing capacities and depending on which one I was on my ping would either be 60-80 or 30-40. Same copper cable, different router. They've now upgraded their "slow" pipe and it no longer matters which one I'm on.

bigjjuk
19-Mar-05, 15:31
i play xbox live all the time and im not getting any problems so im not bothered,
halo 2 is cool

Brizer2k2
19-Mar-05, 16:07
I don't know it all but I have worked for ISP's for 8 years now but you are always learning.

It is gamers who moan and talk nonsense the most out of all customers in my experience.