PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Chisholm.

cpo173
06-Sep-13, 11:57
Hi all. Has anyone got info on the death date of Thomas Chisholm, Joiner at Watten and whodied between 1842 & 1846 also his place of interment.
Thanks, George Stewart.

Sally
12-Feb-14, 11:28
Hi George,
Thomas Chisholm was my 3 x G Grandfather and I have been searching for the answer to that question too to no avail.

Sally

Rosemary Skea
13-Feb-14, 06:11
Hi all. Has anyone got info on the death date of Thomas Chisholm, Joiner at Watten and whodied between 1842 & 1846 also his place of interment.
Thanks, George Stewart.

Prior to 1855, you will find scant records of burials in the Old Parish Registers. Thomas's wife was recorded as a widow in the 1851 census and as the family were still in Watten in 1851 you could presume that he died there between 1841 and 1851. I have looked in the all the Caithness parish MI books and there is no record of a memorial stone for Thomas in any parish. One of the intrigues of genealogy is that the unknown keeps us searching !

Regards

Rosemary

FreeREG Co-ordinator, Caithness

cpo173
26-Mar-14, 17:37
Hi Sally. Iwas making the search on behalf of my 4 x removed cousin in Vancouver. Thomas is not on my tree but is my cousins 4 x G. G. G. G grandfather on her fathers side. Thomas was originally from Lauder in Berwickshire and moved to Watten after he married. He worked as a joiner at Aukingill and died at the age of 47. He had 11 children one of whom was a daughter, Elizabeth born 1832. After his death his widow moved with all 11 children to Ontario in Canada.
Hope thi helps in some small way.
Regards, George.