PDA

View Full Version : Am I the new Marc Bolan?

secrets in symmetry
10-Aug-13, 00:49
I'd never heard of him until I was asked that question after a gig tonight. He died before I was born. But having just downloaded a Bolan's greatest hits collection, I can see what they were getting at.

One of our tunes is very similar to Bolan's Teenage Dream and another is close to his Telegram Sam.

I can do androgyny as well as the next man (or woman), but this is the first time I've ever been compared to a real star. :cool:

focusRS
10-Aug-13, 08:49
Don't be taking a lift from anyone with the name Gloria Jones.

joxville
10-Aug-13, 09:02
Especially not in a mini...the car, not the skirt! Though if you wish to wear one then that's your business :-)))

ducati
10-Aug-13, 10:06
Anyone know what his last hit was? :eek: (BTW How can you possibly have anything to do with Music and never have heard of him?) Try these, John Lennon?
Buddy Holly? :roll:

joxville
10-Aug-13, 10:56
The windscreen? :-)

Kodiak
10-Aug-13, 11:42
You will be saying next that you have never heard of T-Rex. :Razz

Phill
10-Aug-13, 12:31
Think what you like, but you wont fool the children of the revolution.

sids
10-Aug-13, 14:05
Anyone know what his last hit was? :eek: (BTW How can you possibly have anything to do with Music and never have heard of him?) Try these, John Lennon?

It's because Bolan died before Mr Symmetry was born. Who else hasn't he heard of then?

ducati
10-Aug-13, 14:38
It's because Bolan died before Mr Symmetry was born. Who else hasn't he heard of then?

Yes Symo! We want a comprehensive list of everybody you haven't heard of right now. :mad:

sids
10-Aug-13, 17:22
Bet he hadn't heard of Mickey Finn.

Angel
10-Aug-13, 23:23
What about Electric Slim...Angel

George Brims
12-Aug-13, 21:12
My eyes rolled at the mention of Marc Bolan in the same sentence as those two music Gods. Talented enough bloke, but really?

rob murray
13-Aug-13, 09:17
no, Noddy Holder at a push

secrets in symmetry
22-Aug-13, 10:15
Lol! I should have said I'd heard of Bolan, but I wasn't familiar with his music.

I am now. :cool: