PDA

View Full Version : War thunder!!!!

katarina
23-Jul-13, 09:00
Whenever I go on the internest, even on Caithness.org, I get a pop up advertising war thunder, along with very loud noise! I have blocked all pop ups, I have added the site to restricted sites, what else can I do? It is extremely annoying especially when I'm trying to listen to music or a news flash and need my sound.

Bobinovich
23-Jul-13, 15:20
Sounds like some adware has crept in - you can try running a scan with Malwarebytes to remove it, or a major culprit is add-on browser toolbars, all of which can be disabled through the browser settings

katarina
23-Jul-13, 21:58
I disabled suspicious looking add-ons, it still happening. I tried to download malwarebytes, but got the message 'Runtime error '48' Error in loading DLL'

katarina
27-Jul-13, 12:28
It's driving me mad! Can no one help me?

jimbews
28-Jul-13, 15:38
I disabled suspicious looking add-ons, it still happening. I tried to download malwarebytes, but got the message 'Runtime error '48' Error in loading DLL'
Sounds like malware is affecting your ability to run malwarebytes.
Check out Rkill at: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/
Follow instructions carefully, THEN attempt a fresh download, install and run Malwarebytes.
Better still is if you can get someone else to downlaod these on a different computer and put on a CD: if your PC has certain infections these can spread using the likes of USB emeory sticks.
Sometimes needs a couple of runs of this before complete cleaning is performed.
Jim