PDA

View Full Version : It's a boy

Henry1
22-Jul-13, 20:51
Congrats to William and Kate

Iffy
22-Jul-13, 21:14
Nice to know that the long-awaited baby has appeared ! Hope Mum is well and baby is OK too !
(I'm not a "Royalist" by any means of the word, but I wish the New Mother and Father all the very best )

captain chaos
22-Jul-13, 21:23
Woo Hoo Hoo

Kodiak
22-Jul-13, 22:23
http://i.imgur.com/PLNUuBJ.jpg

jacko
23-Jul-13, 18:55
like i give a hoot. wasted my money on the daily paper this morning eleven bloody pages of royal crap.

linnie612
23-Jul-13, 19:08
What did you expect to see in the 'papers today?:confused

golach
23-Jul-13, 19:11

:Razz :lol: Yes exactly

squidge
23-Jul-13, 22:03
Im pleased to see the baby arrived safely but I would be delighted if the coverage now petered off as they have gone home. Dont expect it will though sigh

jacko
23-Jul-13, 22:06

the every day news . one page of bloody royalty would,ft covered it

secrets in symmetry
23-Jul-13, 22:32
the every day news . one page of bloody royalty would,ft covered itLol!

I have successfully managed to avoid looking at (or even glancing at) a single newspaper today. :cool:

linnie612
23-Jul-13, 22:59
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would find the media saturation on this event to be a surprise.

secrets in symmetry
23-Jul-13, 23:02
Oh God, NHK World and Al Jazeera are both broadcasting sycophantic inane crap right now. I think I'm going to puke....

squidge
23-Jul-13, 23:16
I find it difficult to believe that anyone would find the media saturation on this event to be a surprise.

Its not a surprise, its just mind numbingly boring. I have avoided the news today but I wouldnt mind betting that the Daily Express has a Front page story about the Royal Baby, every day for the next six months. I once checked every day for a whole year and found there were only about twenty days when the Daily Express didnt have a front page story which was about Diana or Madeline McCann. This was 2006/7. Dull dull dull. Im just gritting my teeth and turning the telly over.

Oddquine
23-Jul-13, 23:37
Have to say it would have been news if they had given birth to a rabbit or a duck-billed platypus...but they have done nothing more than I expect thousands of female punters in the UK have done in the same day. Heck, I did it twice in the past without fanfare!

Have to say I am getting really hacked off at having to watch 5 USA and Dave eternally to avoid all the crap the media produces to support "celebrity culture" (an oxymoron) and push "Britishness" to the level of making the sensible punter boak since the Independence Referendum became fact.

The media has become little more than varying versions of the likes of "Hello" etc..and can't realistically be described as newspapers any more.