PDA

View Full Version : Closed thread

EOS
29-Jun-13, 09:18
Could someone explain why the thread below was locked

As far as I'm aware I have not broken any rule's

I did not swear make any derogatory comments towads this person or threaten them

All the comments on the thread were written by this person not by me

I posted it because the comments completely contradict each other, if I did not name him/her how would they be able to give a response

As to the question, why start a thread directed at an individual, because it was the individual

himself/herself who wrote these comments so what's the problem asking about them

jacko
29-Jun-13, 10:30
Could someone explain why the thread below was locked

As far as I'm aware I have not broken any rule's

I did not swear make any derogatory comments towads this person or threaten them

All the comments on the thread were written by this person not by me

I posted it because the comments completely contradict each other, if I did not name him/her how would they be able to give a response

As to the question, why start a thread directed at an individual, because it was the individual

himself/herself who wrote these comments so what's the problem asking about them

the org mafia my friend ???

little miss breezy breeks
29-Jun-13, 10:38
It look's to me that the person you quoted didn't like being caught out and reported the post.

joxville
30-Jun-13, 09:24
One mans argument is another mans trolling.

Big Gaz
30-Jun-13, 10:59
One mans argument is another mans trolling.

Surely you mean 2 particular mens arguments are the same particular 2 mens trolling?

joxville
30-Jun-13, 12:09
I couldn't see any problem with the thread, it's no different from others that have been started on here. EOS was pointing out what he saw as contradictory statements from Rheghead and the thread is closed before Rheghead gets the chance to respond. From a personal viewpoint, I support Rheg in his belief that we need wind farms and the need for tighter controls on carbon emissions etc., though I do question the siting of them and the green credentials behind the ventures, but I don't pick apart his posts looking for a political angle to score points, life's too short for me to be bothered about that. However, the fact that someone else has chosen to take him to task and the thread is quickly closed makes me smell a rat. It stinks. Which is why I believe the Mods identities should be known. It's a flimsy argument that the Mods are worried about their personal safety; we have a Police Force that could get involved if a Mod fears for their safety. It's too easy for a Mod who's identity is unknown be taken to task under their Org persona, they close the thread and give the poster an infraction.

Big Gaz
30-Jun-13, 12:39
i notice Rheghead didn't respond to the original thread nor has he chipped in here. Probably sitting on his perch chuckling away to himself....

Phill
30-Jun-13, 13:02
Are yer suggesting Rheggers is a mod??

(on the tinterweb now so must be true)

secrets in symmetry
30-Jun-13, 13:23
It's too easy for a Mod who's identity is unknown be taken to task under their Org persona, they close the thread and give the poster an infraction.I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?

jacko
30-Jun-13, 13:32
Which is why I believe the Mods identities should be known. It's a flimsy argument that the Mods are worried about their personal safety; we have a Police Force that could get involved if a Mod fears for their safety.

Are you actually implying that there are members on here so petty that they would actually take things posted on here so badly that they would confront a mod with violence ???.........i find that unbelievable.

squidge
30-Jun-13, 13:48
The identities of the moderators used to be known. Then it was changed. Mods have been abused in the street and in a small communities like there are in Caithness its just not worth being a mod with a name.

jacko
30-Jun-13, 13:53
The identities of the moderators used to be known. Then it was changed. Mods have been abused in the street and in a small communities like there are in Caithness its just not worth being a mod with a name.

really, why would anyone get charged up over differences of opinion posted on here. that s just insane

Alrock
30-Jun-13, 13:55
....Are you actually implying that there are members on here so petty that they would actually take things posted on here so badly that they would confront a mod with violence ???.........i find that unbelievable.

I find it quite believable, I've been threatened with physical violence before because someone didn't like what I said here & I'm not even a mod. Not to mention they actually thought I was someone else so they could have been at the receiving end of the violence.

golach
30-Jun-13, 14:00
I couldn't see any problem with the thread, it's no different from others that have been started on here. EOS was pointing out what he saw as contradictory statements from Rheghead and the thread is closed before Rheghead gets the chance to respond. From a personal viewpoint, I support Rheg in his belief that we need wind farms and the need for tighter controls on carbon emissions etc., though I do question the siting of them and the green credentials behind the ventures, but I don't pick apart his posts looking for a political angle to score points, life's too short for me to be bothered about that. However, the fact that someone else has chosen to take him to task and the thread is quickly closed makes me smell a rat. It stinks. Which is why I believe the Mods identities should be known. It's a flimsy argument that the Mods are worried about their personal safety; we have a Police Force that could get involved if a Mod fears for their safety. It's too easy for a Mod who's identity is unknown be taken to task under their Org persona, they close the thread and give the poster an infraction.

Totally agree with you Jox I too support Rhegand and his belief in wind farms. As to the Mod issue this is old hat and has been thrashed out so many times since the introduction of the Mods many years ago. If the posters that are unhappy posting in a moderated forum, may I suggest you go else where.

joxville
01-Jul-13, 02:12
I don't understand what you mean by that. Can you elaborate?You've made many proclamations that you use this site to educate us lesser beings so there should be no need for me to elaborate. :-))))

Kevin Milkins
01-Jul-13, 07:20
What benefit would it be to anyone if we knew the identity of the mods?

Alice in Blunderland
01-Jul-13, 08:01
No matter if we know the identity of the mods or not there will always be complaints about the mods and there will always be accusations of cliques.

joxville
01-Jul-13, 10:32
Going back to the OP's original thread, Rheghead has put his head above the parapet and is most vociferous in his support of green issues and wind farms. Whether you agree with him or not, he always stands his ground and fights his corner admirably, many times using facts to catch out those who try to counter his argument. On this occasion, someone saw what they felt was contradictory statements by Rheghead and pointed it out. Given Rheg's past, he should clarify and expand on those statements. There's been many debates on here about environmental issues and Rheg is one of the main protagonists, he's not shy in making his opinions known, so before he's had a chance to respond the thread is closed.

To me, and maybe others, it looks like Rheg is a Mod and has abused his position by closing the thread without responding in public because he felt uncomfortable. Tbh, I don't care who is or isn't a Mod, I just don't like to see what appears to be someone abusing their position of power on this site. Many times I've seen threads closed and a Mod will say why it's been done, but I've never seen one locked down so quick, before the person concerned has responded, and no reason why it was locked. Once again, IT STINKS. Like everyone else that uses this site, I'm an uninvited guest and agree to abide by the rules and the moderation policy. But once more it appears that the moderators have made themselves look a laughing stock.

Bobinovich
01-Jul-13, 13:09
I very much doubt that Rheghead has closed the thread, or asked for it to be closed - I don't believe it's his style to back down from an argument with a petty move such as that. It may have been a Mod but they will generally leave a post explaining why a thread has been closed. I may well be wrong, but my guess is it's more likely to be an Admin who has closed the thread...

Maxx
01-Jul-13, 17:51
If the points had been raised within the thread(s) that contained the original points then it would have been fine. Starting a thread to call out another member is trolling.

Rheghead is not a mod.

I did intend to post the reason on the thread that was closed at the time but was busy with a lot of other things at the time as didn't get back to it in a timely manner, my bad.

Alice in Blunderland
01-Jul-13, 18:56
my bad.Yes very, very, bad you should be taken from this place henceforth and hung by the neck till your dead, dead, dead. :D

golach
01-Jul-13, 19:03
Yes very, very, bad you should be taken from this place henceforth and hung by the neck till your dead, dead, dead. :D

Alice behave you sound like Riggerboy lol

joxville
01-Jul-13, 19:37
Thanks for the clarification Maxx, I'll now shut up. :-)

Fran
01-Jul-13, 23:27
I had 3birthday greetings removed, don't know what was wrong with that, I didn't ask, no point.

secrets in symmetry
02-Jul-13, 00:57
You've made many proclamations that you use this site to educate us lesser beings so there should be no need for me to elaborate. :-))))
Lol! I'll take that as a "no"! :cool: