PDA

View Full Version : Useless BT

dozy
21-Jun-13, 12:35
Is anyone else having trouble with their 2.0 BT Hub (the square black one).When the phone rings the hub cuts out and wont come back on until you flick the reset button. I've been on at BT for over 8 weeks trying to get things sorted but its just a waste of time .

Tam 2000
21-Jun-13, 14:00
Hi we had the same problem and held on the phone for ages to try to sort the problem with BT eventually got it sorted by changing the filter at the phone socket on the wall and since we did we've had no trouble.

Bobinovich
21-Jun-13, 14:15
I would agree it's either a filter problem or you have your filters in the wrong place - I've seen a number of times where a phone is filtered incorrectly and, when the phone rings, the broadband cuts out.

Kodiak
21-Jun-13, 14:56
I had the same problem last year. I have EE as my ISP and I complained to them. They got in contact with BT and got them to send out an engineer at EE's Expense.

The BT Engineer arrived and said that my Filter was faulty. He removed the Phone Box completely and replaced it with a new one which had a Built in Filter, so I Plug in my Router on one side of the Box and my Phone Line on the other. They are both different connections so I cant get them mixed up.

Now it works fine and best of all EE paid for the call out and spare parts. :Razz

EDDIE
21-Jun-13, 20:27
Is there not a channel u can change in the router settings that u sometimes change if there is any interference?

dozy
21-Jun-13, 20:50
BT checked the line 12 times along with the filter .They have now said that I will have to pay £99.95 plus vat for a engineer to come out and £159.00 an hour on top plus any parts needed . We got a replacement router (refurbished) which also was faulty,it did the same thing but not in the same way . BT themselves said that the router is rubbish and the only way to fix the problem is with the 3.0 or4.0 router but they don't do ungraded for old customers. They would not let us out of our contract when it was up at the start of June ,they flatly refused and said they would get the manager to phone back .After days of trying to tell them we did not want to renew the contract, they to said to was now to late for them to stop the contract. So it's pay and stay with equipment that don't work . Happy days

secrets in symmetry
21-Jun-13, 21:02
They would not let us out of our contract when it was up at the start of June ,they flatly refused and said they would get the manager to phone back .After days of trying to tell them we did not want to renew the contract, they to said to was now to late for them to stop the contract. So it's pay and stay with equipment that don't work . Happy daysThat doesn't sound right. Surely they can't force you to renew an expired contract.

rockyrider
21-Jun-13, 21:20
As an existing customer you can buy the home hub 4 off bt for £35 its normally £109, without having to re contract, and the £35 is added to your next bill.

simples
25-Jun-13, 19:30
im with bt and for the last 5 months i ve been having problems with my broadband . my speed is usually 6.5 meg but since this prob started ive seen it at 0.15 meg
ive had the engineer out 3 times and bt tellaing me thats £99 a time. ive had everthing tested and passed and been told that theres a problem at the exchange in wick where a lot of other bt customers are having the same complaint . what also makes it worst is when you phone up to report ur fault ur transferred to india, bring back our uk call centres plezzz. The fault is still not sorted!

cesare
26-Jun-13, 16:12
bt is and always has been a rip off i am with aol/talk talk and barely see problems and my download speeds are 1.79 mb/s
bt dominate the scottish phone market with extortionate prices for example
when i was with them i rarely phoned anyone just used the line for broadband and every 3 months had a bill of over £120
that was without having bt for internet...as i always have been with aol/talktalk
i switched to post office for my home phone now my bill is barely £50 every 3 months
i pay £15.31 to aol every month weird amount i know.. but every penny counts these days

cptdodger
26-Jun-13, 17:56
BT checked the line 12 times along with the filter .They have now said that I will have to pay £99.95 plus vat for a engineer to come out and £159.00 an hour on top plus any parts needed . We got a replacement router (refurbished) which also was faulty,it did the same thing but not in the same way . BT themselves said that the router is rubbish and the only way to fix the problem is with the 3.0 or4.0 router but they don't do ungraded for old customers. They would not let us out of our contract when it was up at the start of June ,they flatly refused and said they would get the manager to phone back .After days of trying to tell them we did not want to renew the contract, they to said to was now to late for them to stop the contract. So it's pay and stay with equipment that don't work . Happy days

I do'nt know if this will help, but I worked for BT Business Broadband complaints team in Dundee approx 5 yrs ago. What I would suggest you do is put everything you have said here, in writing, and send it to The Chairmans Office , British Telecommunications PLC, 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ. They tend to act a lot quicker on complaints sent there opposed to phone calls / emails.

gmcborgie
26-Jun-13, 18:01
Go to Trading Standards they'll help I'm sure. Sometime a letter from them does the trick.