PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Signal

squidge
14-Jun-13, 10:11
Can anyone tell me how I can improve my mobile phone signal? I am on the 02 network and if it was a private phone I would just get a different network but its my works phone. I have seen signal boosters discussed in other places and i am wondering if they would work for us. The signal in the area seems fine its just in my house and driveway thats its rubbish. Anyone got any advice

chimo
21-Jun-13, 17:16
Are you anywhere near the Pennyland area?

vwgolf
21-Jun-13, 20:43
Two options.Download the new TU go 02 app which uses your wifi to make calls and texts. This has just been let lose so is at early stage but a great idea and it works offshore in north sea.Option 2 is to get what i have at home which is a gsm mobile signal booster which i got from amazon for 80 quidThis comes with an arial cable booster and 240 plug for a socket. Works very good in my house which has no signal but one bar outside.Make sure you get the 02 90 mhz version and not the 1800 t mobile freqency model.Hope this helps thanks v dub.

squidge
28-Jun-13, 07:28
Thanks vdub :)

secrets in symmetry
29-Jun-13, 14:46
Two options.Download the new TU go 02 app which uses your wifi to make calls and texts. This has just been let lose so is at early stage but a great idea and it works offshore in north sea.Option 2 is to get what i have at home which is a gsm mobile signal booster which i got from amazon for 80 quidThis comes with an arial cable booster and 240 plug for a socket. Works very good in my house which has no signal but one bar outside.Make sure you get the 02 90 mhz version and not the 1800 t mobile freqency model.Hope this helps thanks v dub.Interesting...

With this app, you can make (receive) "mobile" calls from (to) your PC, but at present it only supports IOS 5+, Android 2.3.1+ and Windows 7, and it's for O2 pay-monthly customers only. However, they're promising an OS X version, and Orange and T Mobile are allegedly producing their own app.

Is there anything in the pipeline for those of us in the Vodafone/Linux world?