PDA

View Full Version : The weather

billmoseley
18-May-13, 12:57
Yet again we wake up to leaden sky's and cold weather. I'm starting to worry as we are now in the middle of May and nothing much is really growing. I have only mown my grass once which means if my grass isn't growing neither are the farmers. They should thinking about silage cutting in the next few weeks to make next winters fodder. I suspect next year food prices will rocket unless there is a dramatic improvement very soon. Does anyone else share my concerns?:(

mi16
18-May-13, 13:05
Yet again we wake up to leaden sky's and cold weather. I'm starting to worry as we are now in the middle of May and nothing much is really growing. I have only mown my grass once which means if my grass isn't growing neither are the farmers. They should thinking about silage cutting in the next few weeks to make next winters fodder. I suspect next year food prices will rocket unless there is a dramatic improvement very soon. Does anyone else share my concerns?:(Wit the English and Irish predicament I think food prices are guaranteed to increase

orkneycadian
18-May-13, 13:21
...which means if my grass isn't growing neither are the farmers...

...Does anyone else share my concerns?:(

I do - I haven't grown since I was about 16, even though I have spent many a day up to my knees is stuff that should make me do so.

I have however grown outwards somewhat, so all is not lost. :lol:

Mrs Bucket
18-May-13, 20:07
Yes I have heard that farmers and crofters are very concerned about shortage of grass. There is still a lot of cattle not been outside yet and their winter fodder is done.

mi16
18-May-13, 20:24
Yes I have heard that farmers and crofters are very concerned about shortage of grass. There is still a lot of cattle not been outside yet and their winter fodder is done.Cattle are starving to death in certain parts of England and Ireland