PDA

View Full Version : Derek Bentley : The Hangman's Account

rob murray
25-Apr-13, 16:32
Now deleted : RM

Lavenderblue2
26-Apr-13, 08:51
Rob, this is so sad. I have read a lot about Derek Bentley... Although I was very young, I remember him and Christopher Craig, they were friendly with a boy who lived next door to us!! The Bentley's didn't live very far from us either, I remember his mother and sister Iris. Regarding the fellow who lived next door to me, when the news of the shooting broke his mother was beside herself because Derek Bentley had been wearing her Arthurs shirt!!

Kodiak
26-Apr-13, 12:55
You are a bit late in posting this as this was published back in July 1998.

http://www.derekbentley.com/pierrepoint/wnJUL98.html

rob murray
26-Apr-13, 20:58
You are a bit late in posting this as this was published back in July 1998.

http://www.derekbentley.com/pierrepoint/wnJUL98.html

And your point is...it was posted to highlighht the reality of exectuting an innocent boy !!!

rob murray
26-Apr-13, 21:00
Rob, this is so sad. I have read a lot about Derek Bentley... Although I was very young, I remember him and Christopher Craig, they were friendly with a boy who lived next door to us!! The Bentley's didn't live very far from us either, I remember his mother and sister Iris. Regarding the fellow who lived next door to me, when the news of the shooting broke his mother was beside herself because Derek Bentley had been wearing her Arthurs shirt!!

It really is a small world, as someone who lived through the events you highlight the humanity / human issues behnd a gross mis carriage of justice it is sad beyond words.

crayola
26-Apr-13, 21:14
The questions I'd like to ask are........Would you be the executioner? Would John Little be the executioner? Would you enjoy being the executioner?

rob murray
26-Apr-13, 21:39
The questions I'd like to ask are........Would you be the executioner? Would John Little be the executioner? Would you enjoy being the executioner?

Is this aimed at me ? Oh come on, can you not read...my views are very clearly spelled out !!

rob murray
26-Apr-13, 21:46

Is this aimed at me ? read my posts what do you think ? Why drag John Little into this garbage...are you at the wind up or just plain stupid....

Kodiak
26-Apr-13, 22:20
And your point is...it was posted to highlighht the reality of exectuting an innocent boy !!!

No, you may think he was innocent but in actual fact he was Guilty. The question is, did the punishment fit the crime?

rob murray
26-Apr-13, 22:26
No, you may think he was innocent but in actual fact he was Guilty. The question is, did the punishment fit the crime?

Deleted : RM :

crayola
27-Apr-13, 11:34
Is this aimed at me ? read my posts what do you think ? Why drag John Little into this garbage...are you at the wind up or just plain stupid....Of course it wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at those who would kill killers. Could they themselves kill the killers and would they enjoy implementing the punishment?

secrets in symmetry
27-Apr-13, 23:07
No, you may think he was innocent but in actual fact he was Guilty. The question is, did the punishment fit the crime?Derek Bentley was not guilty of murder.