PDA

View Full Version : Rent A Cop

cuddlepop
15-Jan-07, 13:42
Today in the Record the front page headline grapped my attention so carried on reading instead of giving it to Mr Cp for his Sudoko.:lol:
What I read has really saddened me.The area I grow up in,Govenhill,has been relying on privetely funded police patrols to keep the streets a safer place.
Two officers have been paid £40 an hour by the tennents of this Glasgow Housing Association. A total of £1300 a month.There money has now run out and the streets are once again a no go area,especially at weekends.
Why was it necessary to privetely pay for these officers?
Why has a once lovely area been allowed to become such a drug ridden
getto?
Has anyone else been saddened to see he area they grow up in desroyed.?:~(

dozerboy
15-Jan-07, 13:46
Seems to be the way our society is going Cuddlepop, very sad though. Too many people, with too much time with nothing constructive to do. Maybe we should bring back national service, that would give them a shock!! It is becoming a new culture, being a vandal, and generally causing a nuisance. Where I grew up hasn't deteriorated too much as yet, but I'm sure it will eventually.

cuddlepop
15-Jan-07, 13:55
My mother grow up in the same Close that we lived in.I remember her mother,my granny lived below us.So you could say there were three generations living in the one close.The only way you see that now is if they are Asians.
Why has this society we live in accelerated the self destuction button.:mad:

norscot
15-Jan-07, 16:46
The officers would not have been paid £40.00 per hour for their time spent on the estate. The money is actually paid to the police authority who are responsible for setting the hourly rate. The officers engaged on the patrols would just get their regular wage.