PDA

View Full Version : Celebs coming to John o'Groats soon?

cazmanian_minx
14-Apr-13, 08:00
Chris Evans has put his FAB1 numberplate on a pink Rolls Royce and is going to be renting it out for a year in an attempt to raise £1m for breast cancer charities. To launch the project he and a few friends (including Gary Barlow, Brian Cox and James May) are going to be driving it from Land's End to John o'Groats, starting from Cornwall next Thursday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2308775/Youre-looking-FAB1-mlady-Parker-Lady-Penelope-Chris-Evans-Mary-Berry-set-madcap-mission--complete-pink-Rolls-Royce--raise-1m-charity.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Not sure which day they'll be at JoG though.

taz94
16-Apr-13, 22:25
just wondering if anyone is planning being at john o goats at 4am on friday for the arrival of gary barlow , chris evans , james may and brain cox ?

Flavours
16-Apr-13, 22:34
Of course! Team Flavours will be there:) We have a pink tub for collection in the shop for Breast Cancer Care. Hoping our lovely Caithness customers will dig deep. We'll hand over the proceeds to the celebs on Friday morning.

sids
16-Apr-13, 23:16
John o' Who?

ducati
17-Apr-13, 05:20
4am? Which genius planned the tour?

Flavours
17-Apr-13, 08:28
Friday morning 4.15 a.m is the scheduled arrival time in John O'Groats......early nights all round!

mi16
17-Apr-13, 12:29
I wouldn't go to the end of the road to see a celebrity

joxville
17-Apr-13, 13:08
Kk
I wouldn't go to the end of the road to see a celebrityYou don't need to, if you stand at the junction of A836 and A99 you'll see them there. Who says I'm not helpful? ;-)

mi16
17-Apr-13, 14:09
KkYou don't need to, if you stand at the junction of A836 and A99 you'll see them there. Who says I'm not helpful? ;-)That would be, to the end of the road tur right then proceed to the end of the road

Kevin Milkins
18-Apr-13, 08:16
No mention of this on the Chris Evans breakfast show this morning and considering he is leaving Lands End at 9.30 am this morning, he is still broadcasting his show in London?

mi16
18-Apr-13, 08:20
you sure he is in London?

joxville
18-Apr-13, 08:27
They are all at Land's End. Jason Plato, who was driving one of them to there, posted on his twitter feed last a photo of them all in a pub.

rogermellie
18-Apr-13, 09:55
They are all at Land's End. Jason Plato, who was driving one of them to there, posted on his twitter feed last a photo of them all in a pub.

precisely why i can't be bothered with this event

a group of celebrities (no effort made to meet the local plebs by leaving at 4am), off on a jolly, staying in some fancy hotels while driving around in a posh car ...

where's the effort? they do that sort of thing all the time anyway

(however, i'd pay good money to kick brian cox up the arse)

MerlinScot
18-Apr-13, 11:03
precisely why i can't be bothered with this event

a group of celebrities (no effort made to meet the local plebs by leaving at 4am), off on a jolly, staying in some fancy hotels while driving around in a posh car ...

where's the effort? they do that sort of thing all the time anyway

(however, i'd pay good money to kick brian cox up the arse)

So true :eek:

Kevin Milkins
18-Apr-13, 14:19

I,m guessing the breakfast show must have been pre-recorded than?

Good luck to them and I hope they raise lots of money for a worthy coarse.

Thumper
18-Apr-13, 15:17
they are arriving so early because they need to be back in Inverness intime from Chris Evans to broadcast his breakfast show from there,its not ideal but heyho!x

mi16
18-Apr-13, 15:52
I,m guessing the breakfast show must have been pre-recorded than?

Good luck to them and I hope they raise lots of money for a worthy coarse.

80 or 120 grit?

mi16
18-Apr-13, 15:54
they are arriving so early because they need to be back in Inverness intime from Chris Evans to broadcast his breakfast show from there,its not ideal but heyho!x

Surprised that they havent taken a loan of the Caithness FM studio.

Thumper
18-Apr-13, 17:21
LOl I doubt they know it is even there! But more likely that he has to do it from a BBC studio anyway x

orkneycadian
20-Apr-13, 12:02
Plus, I imagine, the management at Caithness FM would insist that he plays a significant proportion of modern country music. ;)