PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising help required

Mandy
21-Feb-05, 22:56
We are hoping to take part in a jungletrek at the end of the year, to raise funds for the SSPCA. The fundraising has been difficult though.

We have a few events lined up, including bag packing days in Wick and Thurso, and a sponsored abseil.

Would anyone be able to help us with our bag packing days? Even if you could spare 1 hour, it would be a great help. Or, if you would like to take part in the sponsored abseil, we have sponsor forms ready for people, and a small prize for the person who raises the most money.

Would anyone be interested in helping us with other fundraising events, or maybe to arrange a sponsored event on our behalf?

All money raised is goiing to the SSPCA, as they need our help - they don't receive any kind of government or lottery funding, so depend on the public to help as much as they can - it's the same with most animal charities unfortunately.

If anyone would be interested in helping us with fundraising, taking part in a sponsored event, can offer us a discounted price on the hire of a hall, or have any fundraising tips/ideas, please pm me!

Thanks very much. :D

Mr P Cannop
21-Feb-05, 23:23
could i help out with the bag packing in Thurso ??

Julia
22-Feb-05, 17:30
I'd be happy to help out with bag-packing in Wick

Whitewater
23-Feb-05, 09:58
Mandy, another good way to raise funds is to hold an auction. Get your members, friends etc to donate stuff they do not need any longer, then ask somebody who has a bit of go in them to be the auctioneer.
You will be surprisedayt the amount you can raise, It does takes a bit of effort though.
Bag packing, as you are already organising is excellent, but you really need to be able to control all the open counters. This takes a lot of people as a 2hour stretch on a busy day is long enough without a break

Good luck.

jay
23-Feb-05, 17:12
Are you raising funds for the SSPCA or are you raising funds so that you can go to the jungle to raise funds for the SSPCA?