PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy printer inks in Thurso?

gmcborgie
05-Apr-13, 12:29
I've run out of colour ink and even though I have plenty black I can't print until I replace the colour that's run out, apart from Tescos where can I buy inks in Thurso?

Kodiak
05-Apr-13, 13:33
I would suggest that you keep in a supply of Cartridges. I have an Epson Printer and I keep a supply of Cartridges that way I never run out, I buy 10 sets at a time.

Compatible Cartridges work fine in most Epson Printers and this is what I use. I usually buy off eBay and the last I bought cost me £29 for 10 sets, since I use 6 Cartridges this was for 60 Cartridges.

I also have a HP Printer and I use compatible Cartridges in this Printer as well.

What Printer do you have, or what is the Cartridge Number that you require?

gmcborgie
05-Apr-13, 13:40
HP 363 Cyan, I have tried Wick and Thurso Tescos and Millers Copy Shop (they've stopped stocking them)!

Kodiak
05-Apr-13, 14:02
The only place in Thurso I can think of who Might have HP 363 Cyan is "Bob" in Millers Copyshop, on the opposite the Toll Gallery.

If you want some Compatible Cartridges here is a link to one listing on eBay where a complete set, (six Cartridges), cost only £6.50 including all Postage and Packing. It is handy to have one or two sets as a standby. :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Ink-Cartridges-for-HP-363-Printer-compatible-inkjet-/271129418153?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stat ionery_ET&var=&hash=item3f209299a9

I hope you get the cyan Cartridge and good luck.

OOOPS! I just noticed you said that Millers don't have any, sorry. Mind you I have just thought of JetTec down in Scrabster Harbour, they might have some.

gmcborgie
05-Apr-13, 14:13
Hi thanks for your all your help Kodiak, no luch at JetTec either, I'll be taking your advice and keeping a stock! The thing that's more annoying is that I was in Inverness the other day and bought black but never thought to check the colour levels! I've always worried about using the compatibles and haven't tried them.

Kodiak
05-Apr-13, 14:23
I have used Compatibles Cartridges form more years than I like to remember and I have never had a problem. I tip I would give you whether you use original or Compatible Cartridges, always keep your printer switched on. This keeps your ink warm and thus it is less likely to clog the print head. I always have both of my printers switched on. In case you are wondering why I have two printers, the answer is simple. One is a A4 Printer and the other is a A3 Printer.

dozy
05-Apr-13, 17:12
Many thanks to all . Cheers