PDA

View Full Version : talk talk

katarina
29-Mar-13, 22:13
Is anyone else still having trouble with talk talk? I moved to them on the 5th of March. From the off there was crackling on the line. then it went off altogether. I believe that was a broken cable. Now everyone else seems to be back on except for me. When i ask for an update online, i get the message that my connection has been fixed. When i phone I get, 'the engineers are aware of this problem, but we cannot estimate a repair date at this time.' When I just about lost it, i was told it was a problem with the exchange.

Buttercup
30-Mar-13, 00:03
Been with them 9 years and only problem I had started in the last 2-3 years. Their telesales were constantly calling, eventually told them that if I received another call from them I'd be going back to BT - that was about a year ago and since then, no problems.

pirateeye
30-Mar-13, 12:24
Talk talk in my opinion are a poor company... I have had problems with them since I joined.
The service was terrible couldn't play / watch videos etc without long periods of buffering and BBC iplayer wouldn't play without saying "insufficient bandwith to play this". As much as I complained, nothing happened...every call was doing the same thing over and over, wasting hours of my time.

In December I said I had had enough and was leaving. They said they are transferring to their own equipment blah blah blah....anyway they ended up promising me I would get a better service and they changed me from a 12 month contract to a month to month one, which I can cancel anytime with out charge....and that's what I am going to do.
The service was great from January then at then end of February it went back to being poor. I can't say I have ever been impressed with talk talk and it's rare to hear good things about them...in my experience.

Buttercup
30-Mar-13, 20:41
Just wanted to say that I thought that Katarina was referring to Talk talk's phone service and that's what I responded to, I've no experience of their Broadband service.

pirateeye
30-Mar-13, 22:25
The problem she had I presume was with everything as thats what the rest of us had that I know of....their phone and broadband was down.
But they're still a poor company in my opinion :-)

cesare
31-Mar-13, 12:35
The problem she had I presume was with everything as thats what the rest of us had that I know of....their phone and broadband was down.
But they're still a poor company in my opinion :-)

oh but your opionion seems to be just yours...i been with aol since 96 they got bought by talktalk, yes they have there moments,but also they was first isp to bring fast broadband to wick, for months i was recieving erratic download speeds...untill the upgrade..now its all gravy,:-) tinternets was down for a week but is back up and running fine:)(got my months free as compo:-) i think your line is goosed,by time your phone was making noise out of my 21yrs experiance id say faulty line..so....it certainly aint talktalks fault..i wouldnt have talktalk as my phone company, post office all the way let me break down my bill for you

£36 every 3 months postoffice phoneline
£15 a month aol broadband
=100s of gb downloaded each month

simples....you get what you pay for

katarina
01-Apr-13, 10:55
Just wanted to say that I thought that Katarina was referring to Talk talk's phone service and that's what I responded to, I've no experience of their Broadband service.
Yes it is my phone. My broadband is working. Can't understand that. If the problem is with my own equipment, why don't they send an engineer? It's still off and I've wasted a fortune on mobile calls to them. just no help at all! I'm going to the ombusman.

PantsMAN
02-Apr-13, 13:32
Moved to TalkTalk on 19th March just before the wee outage.
I have just tested my speed using Uswitch and received 89.8Mb download and 0.7Mb upload.
I was getting nothing like that with Plusnet....

Serenity
02-Apr-13, 14:48
Moved to TalkTalk on 19th March just before the wee outage.
I have just tested my speed using Uswitch and received 89.8Mb download and 0.7Mb upload.
I was getting nothing like that with Plusnet....

You are getting nothing like that with TalkTalk either. If you are in Caithness. I recommend re-doing the speed tests.

PantsMAN
02-Apr-13, 15:03
You were right - nothing like that 123.7Mb ! Postcode KW1

See attached screen grab 18472 and another one! 18473

What am I doing wrong to get these results from an independent test site?

suki
02-Apr-13, 15:07
Been with aol since 1997 when it was compuserve. Switched to what looked a good package web and phone on March 12th. 20 - 24 March no Internet or landline because of cut undersea cable (!). Then last Thursday landline went down again. Raging at them this morning after two line tests suggested nothing wrong. Mobile rattling through my credit...Lunchtime landline back on again.If this is the pattern I'm off somewhere else with reliable Web and phoneline...

Serenity
02-Apr-13, 15:22
You were right - nothing like that 123.7Mb ! Postcode KW1

See attached screen grab 18472 and another one! 18473

What am I doing wrong to get these results from an independent test site?

Sometimes they just go wrong? If you are happy with the service you are getting though no need to investigate. But if you want to know I would try some other speed test websites but I have had all of them tell me I was getting crazy fast speeds at one time or another. I may also be completely wrong and you may be getting those speeds if there has been some upgrade I haven't seen but TalkTalk Wick seems to be max 24 Mb range.

katarina
10-Apr-13, 19:51
Absolutely fuming! had to hit the wine! Had the phone active for two days since 5th of march, now i discover I have a bill. I have paid my line rental in advance for a year, i have not used my phone - so i ask for an itimized bill. there is a list of phone numbers i've never heard of. Warning - Don't go Talk talk!

cesare
10-Apr-13, 20:17
alot of people seem to make the same mistake..taking talk talk as a phone company... i would say there one of the poorest..next to bt... for extortionate pricing and small print which costs the user the end of earth... but for internet they are decent well in wick anyway, i only go with honest phone companies and as i said before post office is so far... decent

Shaggy
10-Apr-13, 22:01
i had this years ago with talk talk and the phantom phone calls on my bill despite never having a phone. They are very good at making bills up apparently too. In the end i said to them that the package i got from them did not include a telephone, so how could i make phone calls without a telephone? the excuses i got back were unreal too, i just told them i'm cancelling my account forthwith and to f off and take me to court if they had proof i made the calls. Never heard another word since.