PDA

View Full Version : Converting from LPG to wood burning

little miss breezy breeks
10-Mar-13, 12:17
Has anyone on here converted from LPG to wood burning? If so what are the Pro's and Con's or as I have an old style boiler would it be better to convert to a newer up to date Condensing Boiler?
Any info would be much appreciated thanks :)

gaza
10-Mar-13, 14:29
Has anyone on here converted from LPG to wood burning? If so what are the Pro's and Con's or as I have an old style boiler would it be better to convert to a newer up to date Condensing Boiler?
Any info would be much appreciated thanks :)

The weight of the wood needed will slow your car down also you will always need a passenger to feed the wood into the boiler as you are driving, as for your old boiler (i suggest you shouldn't call here that shell kill you if she ever found out) better the devil you know, keep her.

:lol: :lol:

stevie b
11-Mar-13, 21:33
Depending if you have a standard boiler and not a combi(running your heating and hot water) and your boiler still runs you could join it in with a stove so you have the confidence of just switching on the boiler for instant heat or running the heating from a stove/backboiler to save on LPG if your in the house most of the day

little miss breezy breeks
11-Mar-13, 21:48
It's a old back boiler i have with a fire front so wouldn't be able to do that, Unfortunately!