PDA

View Full Version : Horseback Stunt Show and Fun Day

rogermellie
26-Feb-13, 00:47
i'm all for supporting local events, especially charitable ones, but £10 for adults and £5 for kids (aged 5 - 12 , 13 year olds are an adult?) is too much imho

veekay
26-Feb-13, 10:19
I suppose it depends on what you want doesn't it. £10- the price of a couple of packets of cigarettes!

Kodiak
26-Feb-13, 12:20
Personally I do Not think that £10.00 is too much, especially for a Charity Event.

What do you get for £10.00..............Not a lot! For this particular £10.00 you will be entertained and have the knowledge that you are helping a Charity.

So I do believe that in this case £10.00 is a reasonable amount.

rogermellie you still have choice, either pay the fee and see the show, or don't pay and you don't see the show. The choice is yours. Simples! :D

rogermellie
26-Feb-13, 19:03
totally agree and i hope that lots of people do go, but it's not just £10 , for us to go would cost £40, leaving me naff all for the hog roast

i'm still wondering why a 13 year old is charged £10 though

stiggy
26-Feb-13, 22:50
i'm still wondering why a 13 year old is charged £10 though

I asked them the same question on facebook as a student at college with an ID card can get a discounted ticket. Yet they will not accept a 14 year old's young Scot card

Kally
27-Feb-13, 21:45
Hi rogermellie, I'm one of the students managing this event.

While I do understand where you're coming from, trust me when I say I know that money is tight these days and not everyone can afford to pay the £10/£5 tickets. However, taking the price lower would cause us to not be able to pay back the Stunt Team that are coming up, and even if we did manage that, we wouldn't be able to donate anything to the charities, which is the aim of the entire event. On the flip side, as has already been stated, it is a charity event, and also something that (to my knowledge) has never been seen so far up North before. All proceeds we make will be going to the charities completely. We all just wanted to do something new and different up here, which is why we came up with the whole idea.

In respect to the Student Discounts - this was outside of our control. There was a large discussion about accepting Young Scot Cards as identification, but unfortunately there wasn't enough information on the cards for it to be accepted. I am sorry for that, as I feel that more High School Students and families would be able to attend but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.

I hope this makes you feel a little better about the whole thing, and I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have concerning the event - you can contact me via private message here. I am sorry you feel the price is too high, but it was a majority decision that these prices were the most reasonable for what you will be getting on the day.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Kally.

rogermellie
27-Feb-13, 22:15
There was a large discussion about accepting Young Scot Cards as identification, but unfortunately there wasn't enough information on the cards for it to be accepted.

thanks for explaining the main point of costing the event

but a young scot card is a photo ID with date of birth on it so how can that not be accepted as proof of age ?

Kally
28-Feb-13, 10:01
thanks for explaining the main point of costing the event

but a young scot card is a photo ID with date of birth on it so how can that not be accepted as proof of age ?

To be 100% honest with you, I'm not sure what the issue was. All I know is that the college said they couldn't accept them, and we can't very well argue with them, considering they funded the Deposit.