PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Blunderland stands for Highland Council by Election....lol

Alice in Blunderland
24-Feb-13, 10:59
Okay so what should be her manifesto :D ...........

Phill
24-Feb-13, 11:05
Yer dinnea need one, 'tis fixed!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Feb-13, 11:11
Nope its not Im deadly serious to change the outcome !!

Phill
24-Feb-13, 11:14
Yer unfixing it! :eek:
Kewl.

golach
24-Feb-13, 11:29
Nope its not Im deadly serious to change the outcome !!

Will Weeboyagee be your campaign manager?

Tugmistress
24-Feb-13, 11:48
I am afraid i don't understand what you could and could not do so i am no help there but i hope you can get in and change things up here :)
maybe get the pot holes sorted properly instead of just patched.
and maybe let asda in to thurso!
and more disabled parking spaces in both towns on the streets as it's ok to use one in co-op if you are going in there, but what if you want to go to the bank? personally ii am knackered by the time i get there never mind the time i get back to the car!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Feb-13, 12:01
Yer unfixing it! :eek:Kewl.Yip had enuff of sitting back complaining time for action !!

Alice in Blunderland
24-Feb-13, 12:03
Will Weeboyagee be your campaign manager?He will be my support and right hand man help and confidant he's not allowed to sing or play his organ....... that doesn't mean he gets any favours when it comes to Gaelic.

Alice in Blunderland
24-Feb-13, 12:04
Come on folks more ideas for the manifesto.Keep them coming. I'm sure folks will be watching this space to see what we think.

They may get some pointers themselves.

What do you want from your prospective landward councillor.

Tugmistress
24-Feb-13, 12:41
Here's another idea, stop the reduction of community services ie health visitors, midwives, and make the kiddies playgrounds more attractive as you hardly ever sea kids in them nowadays, they are being vegetables in front of telly or computer screens lol make them more like an adventure playgroound where they are doing rope bridges etc it has to be a challenge!

spittywillow
24-Feb-13, 13:10
whats the deal on household recycling, if one bin contains contaminated items does this load just then go to landfill as norm refuse? As the expense goes to householders for set up and running of this if it is normal practice to go to landfill this then becomes needless costs. Is this an issue to be investigated?

fender
24-Feb-13, 14:33
Here's another idea, stop the reduction of community services ie health visitors, midwives, and make the kiddies playgrounds more attractive as you hardly ever sea kids in them nowadays, they are being vegetables in front of telly or computer screens lol make them more like an adventure playgroound where they are doing rope bridges etc it has to be a challenge!

Stopping the 'kiddies' vandalising them would be a good start.

MerlinScot
24-Feb-13, 17:17
Come on folks more ideas for the manifesto.Keep them coming. I'm sure folks will be watching this space to see what we think.They may get some pointers themselves. What do you want from your prospective landward councillor.pMore job opportunities and business investments. It seems Caithness is just Dounreay. What if you're not an engineer and the last notion of nuclear energy you heard of was after Chernobyl? :/

Kenn
25-Feb-13, 02:08
Keep banging the drum for Caithness, make sure every scot and every inhabitant of these islands knows where it is and what it has to offer.

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-13, 07:46
I am afraid i don't understand what you could and could not do so i am no help there but i hope you can get in and change things up here :)
maybe get the pot holes sorted properly instead of just patched.
and maybe let asda in to thurso!
and more disabled parking spaces in both towns on the streets as it's ok to use one in co-op if you are going in there, but what if you want to go to the bank? personally ii am knackered by the time i get there never mind the time i get back to the car!

The way I see it is if you are continually standing on the sidelines trying to make a difference and an opportunity presents itself then maybe you should just get in there and give it your best shot . As long as at the heart of all your actions is the best intentions for the people you represent as a group and you keep yourself in constant touch with the people you are there to represent then you cant go far wrong can you ?

Potholes now for that there has to be a whole lot of money found. Prevention is better than cure IMHO the whole roads maintenance issue seems to have gone haywire again this is down to money lack off and cuts but its getting your priorities right.

Asda in Thurso ....this primarily would be on the doorstep of the Thurso Councillors this is their patch and Im sure they must by now be well aware of public feeling on this fiasco by now. Tesco's land banking and preventing any other retailer/interested party from developing an area which instead is left to become an unsightly eyesore is a disgrace.

More policing of the disabled parking areas disabled parking for the disabled not for the lazy toads who think its ok just to nip in for a minute as it wont hurt anyone. As for more disabled parking, both town centres are currently being reviewed through the charrettes and there is no denying that the town centres need to be a little more user friendly for both locals and visitors.

Again lack of Highland Council monies has caused a lack of investment in playparks. However there is money out there for communities to come together as groups to improve play areas for themselves. By working with Highland Council on this one it can give excellent results for the children. Keiss and Thrumster are two areas where the community have taken this on board and have improved the play areas for children.

whats the deal on household recycling, if one bin contains contaminated items does this load just then go to landfill as norm refuse? As the expense goes to householders for set up and running of this if it is normal practice to go to landfill this then becomes needless costs. Is this an issue to be investigated?

No idea where contaminated bins go but I would reckon it would be landfill. Ongoing educational material for the householders would be an excellent way forward. You have a big campaign then it dwindles away keep reminding them and eventually they will take it on board.

Stopping the 'kiddies' vandalising them would be a good start.

In general we would say that the majority of the kids are good and take care of the facilities they have access to. Its the minority that spoil it for the majority. Its the big 'kiddies' as well as the little 'kiddies' that are vandalsing areas. CCTV, better lighting of these facilites would be a good step forward as a deterant. As facilities and ultimately the area around improves then we would hope a certain pride in the area would also come about. Involving the children from a young age through the schools in helping out in the community, volunteering fundraising for the facilities etc this would give them a sense of responsibility which again we could hope will have a positive effect.

pMore job opportunities and business investments. It seems Caithness is just Dounreay. What if you're not an engineer and the last notion of nuclear energy you heard of was after Chernobyl? :/

Caithness is not just Dounreay. Dounreay just happens to be sited in Caithness providing a large amount of employment for the local population. Caithness was here before Dounreay and will be here after Dounreay its how the transition is handled that's vital to the sustainability of the area. There are many opportunities out there its about being positive, welcoming and willing to change. No brick wall saying open for business but you have to fit in with our ideas its open for business and open to ideas that should be the message.

Keep banging the drum for Caithness, make sure every scot and every inhabitant of these islands knows where it is and what it has to offer.

Most definitely bang the drum for Caithness its a lovely place to live and work.

rich62_uk
25-Feb-13, 09:02
You will get my vote. It will make a change to have an honest trustworthy person speaking for us. Good luck !:D

Tugmistress
25-Feb-13, 09:12
If i was able and could afford it i would have gone for it years ago, but you will certainly get my vote too Alice!
Due to my health circumstances at the moment i can't do naff all but i hope soon i will be on the mend and when i take my grandkids to the play park i shall be taking a baag to do some litter picking (wearing gloves) and also poop bags. What else could i do to help?

Alice in Blunderland
25-Feb-13, 10:13
If i was able and could afford it i would have gone for it years ago, but you will certainly get my vote too Alice!
Due to my health circumstances at the moment i can't do naff all but i hope soon i will be on the mend and when i take my grandkids to the play park i shall be taking a baag to do some litter picking (wearing gloves) and also poop bags. What else could i do to help?

Now this one gets a lot of people going both responsible dog owners and folk who step in the muck left behind. Again its the few that are spoiling it for the many. Most dog owners do pick up their dogs mess and the improvement is noticeable however if more dog owners were hit with a penalty when caught then I feel sure there would be a lot less dog fouling.Same for litter dropping. The penalty doesn't necessarily have to be financial.

secrets in symmetry
26-Feb-13, 00:22
I'm really not sure if this thread is for real, or it's just another "what if I stood...?"

Alice?

Alice in Blunderland
26-Feb-13, 04:14
I'm really not sure if this thread is for real, or it's just another "what if I stood...?"

Alice?

Aww SIS you cynic...........time will tell ;)

poppett
26-Feb-13, 09:40
You would be brilliant Alice.....almost worth moving landward to be able to vote for you!

Alice in Blunderland
26-Feb-13, 10:19
Thanks for the compliment. :)

Rheghead
26-Feb-13, 11:36
If you need to go to council meetings or other trips away from home, will you take a packed lunch or buy your own dinner like the rest of us mere mortals? ;)

Alice in Blunderland
26-Feb-13, 13:20
Packed lunch ..........neigh fear of anything horsey being served up to me :D by then there will be much more teleconferencing ;)

secrets in symmetry
02-Mar-13, 00:05
Aww SIS you cynic...........time will tell ;)Will you answer the question, or have you turned into one of "them" already? :(