PDA

View Full Version : Celebs and business leaders endorsing the yes/no camps.

ducati
14-Feb-13, 22:02
So the latest one I saw on telly; Sir Souter of Stagecoach. On the yes side. Mmmm. his business model is to drive empty buses about to collect public money in the form of subsidies. Vested interest do ya think?

secrets in symmetry
14-Feb-13, 22:36
So the latest one I saw on telly; Sir Souter of Stagecoach. On the yes side. Mmmm. his business model is to drive empty buses about to collect public money in the form of subsidies. Vested interest do ya think?He's a highwayman and a bigot. He always has been, and he always will be.

Oddquine
14-Feb-13, 22:51
So the latest one I saw on telly; Sir Souter of Stagecoach. On the yes side. Mmmm. his business model is to drive empty buses about to collect public money in the form of subsidies. Vested interest do ya think?

You got the same opinion on the subsidised bus scheme in England? If not, why not?

ducati
15-Feb-13, 00:56
You got the same opinion on the subsidised bus scheme in England? If not, why not?

Absolutely, he probably makes much more from his ventures in the rest of Britain, so he may be shooting himself in the foot.

(you forgot Wales and N. Ireland, again)

Oddquine
18-Feb-13, 00:19
Absolutely, he probably makes much more from his ventures in the rest of Britain, so he may be shooting himself in the foot.

Wasn't aware that stagecoach was in NI or anywhere other than South Wales....but I'm sure you can give me the requisite info I appear to have missed.

That, however does not answer my question....which was......You got the same opinion on the subsidised bus scheme in England? If not, why not?

A subsidised bus scheme doesn't tend to look at anything but cost....the level of arseholism by the proprietor of the company has no influence..otherwise we'd have little privatisation in the UK (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing).

ducati
18-Feb-13, 00:36
Wasn't aware that stagecoach was in NI or anywhere other than South Wales....but I'm sure you can give me the requisite info I appear to have missed.

That, however does not answer my question....which was......You got the same opinion on the subsidised bus scheme in England? If not, why not?

A subsidised bus scheme doesn't tend to look at anything but cost....the level of arseholism by the proprietor of the company has no influence..otherwise we'd have little privatisation in the UK (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing).

er... was absolutely too non commital do you think?

MrChow
18-Feb-13, 10:34

He makes far more from his ventures in North America than he does in Scotland or England. National borders are not real barriers to business, no matter what the No campaign would have you believe.