PDA

View Full Version : Miller Family of Wick

Jeemag_USA
02-Jan-07, 00:17
I thought I would post this photo my mum gave me, I really love this photo, maybe some of you are members here or friends of people in the photo. The Photo is taken in Wick at the wedding of my now deceased Auntie Keaty Miller, her husband in the picture is also a Miller though I forget his first name. My Mother, Father and Grandmother, Uncles, Aunts and cousins are in this picture. Sorry about the quality because I had to photograph it with my digital camera but will try and get my wife to make a scan of it.

http://noisewhore.com/Millerfamily.gif

Back Row: Jackie Murray, Dolly Murray (nee Miller), Christine Cormack (nee Miller my mother) Hamish Cormack (my father), Willie Miller, Catherine Miller (nee?)

Front Row: Ian Munro, Mary Munro (nee Miller), John "Fowgy" Miller, Keaty Miller, Christina Miller (nee Page, my grandmother) May Miller (now Mackay after marrying Alexander 'Sandy' Mackay), Richard Miller. And the young boy at the front is Terrence Munro.

I don't remember all of my cousins names who were the children of the people in the photos, but know most of them. Ian and Mary Munro's other children are Brian Munro, Ian (zeeky) Munro, Valerie and Wendy. May has two boys Darren Mackay and Christopher Mackay. Richard has a daughter Victoria Miller. Keaty Miller also has Elisabeth, Richard and Tina Russell (nee Miller). I can't remember the names of Willie and Catherines kids, I am sure one is Bob. And my own brothers and sisters are William Miller, Alice Grant (nee Miller), Robert Cormack, Anne Cormack, James Cormack.

Hope none of my family objects to posting it, its a really great photo which helps me to keep my memories of family from all the times I spent down in Wick as a child. And I will put a better copy of it up soon.

Further Info:

My Father had two brothers and two sisters - Rea Cormack, Robert Cormack, Georgia Farquar (nee Cormack) Nessie Banks (nee Cormack)

Jeemag_USA
02-Jan-07, 01:16
Some other pictures of my line

This is my Gran and Grandad, Christina Miller (nee Page) and William Miller, I beleive the child is my Uncle Richard in christening gown but I will need to check. My Grandmother I believe was originally from Fife.

http://noisewhore.com/grans.jpg

This is my mother Christine Cormack (nee Miller) working in the Nethercliffe (think thats right) and the owners at the time.

http://noisewhore.com/mumnethercliffe.jpg

Tricia
02-Jan-07, 16:00
Hi
Lovely photos - thanks for sharing them with us.
I am interested in your Cormack line, especially as you have a Hamish. I have 2 in mine. Have you got the line further back?

When was the wedding photo taken?
Tricia

trinkie
02-Jan-07, 19:00
Nice family photos - thank you.

The wedding group probably taken in the early 1950s

Have you seen the other Miller Family photos?
See the Headings on front page - over to right click on 'Caithness'
down near the bottom click on 'Family History'
Then on the left side you will find ''Miller Family History'' - a family who went to Canada....you night have a connection ! lots of photos here .

Oddquine
02-Jan-07, 21:10
Why can't I see the photos?

fred
02-Jan-07, 21:31
Why can't I see the photos?

You may be on a computer or with an ISP which has parental controls.

The URL of the site hosting the pictures contains a word which would prevent them from loading.

Jeemag_USA
02-Jan-07, 21:48
You may be on a computer or with an ISP which has parental controls.

The URL of the site hosting the pictures contains a word which would prevent them from loading.

Yes my fault, that is my website which is under construction, its a music website and the name of it simply implies someone who will listen to anything, I will try move them to another location when I get home tonight.

Jeemag_USA
02-Jan-07, 22:42
Hi
Lovely photos - thanks for sharing them with us.
I am interested in your Cormack line, especially as you have a Hamish. I have 2 in mine. Have you got the line further back?

When was the wedding photo taken?
Tricia

Tricia I can't go too far back into my Cormack line because its kind of vague and I don't know much about it. My Grandfather was also James Cormack (a fisherman on my dads birth certificate) although he was not called Hamish I don't think, he had a nickname of 'Hippin" because he walked with a limp possibly dude to one leg being shorter than the other, and his wife my grandmother on the Cormack side was also a Christine. Christine died when my father was quite young, I think my father and possibly some of his brothers went into a foster home for a while somewhere around Port Glasgow, possibly Drumchapel before returning to Wick.

His brother Rae's wife was called Rose who used to work for some time in the chipper up near North School. They had children Andrew Cormack, Colin Cormack, Trisha Cormack, Rae Cormack and James Cormack (might be wrong on the lassie's name, its been a long time). My Dads brother Robert's wife was called Irene I think, and their eldest son was called Gordon and he had a sister who my memory tells me was Yvonne (but that may have been one of Rae and Rose's kids, its been a long time). Georgia Farquar (nee Cormack) I am embarassed to say I can't remember her husbands name, but their son Alan Farquar played for Wick Acadamey for a spell and Wick Thistle (and Gary Farquar who went to play for St Johnsonte for a while is a cousin of Alan and a second cousin of mine I think), I think they have one or two daughters also whose names I can't remember. Nessie Banks (nee Cormack) married Ernie Banks but I also cannot remember their children as never met up with them much when I was young (one may be Colin?)

My Father was always called 'Hamish', though his name is the same as mine James. I know my Dad has a cousin in Thurso called George Cormack whose wife was Molly (Irish) and they lived on the north side of Pennyland Drive.

Tricia
03-Jan-07, 20:11
Hi
I can't yet get a connection with our Cormack.
Have you dates for your g/father James - what waas his wife's maiden name?
I know there are loads of Cormack but we never know when links are found.
Tricia

Jeemag_USA
07-Jan-07, 19:46
Hi
I can't yet get a connection with our Cormack.
Have you dates for your g/father James - what waas his wife's maiden name?
I know there are loads of Cormack but we never know when links are found.
Tricia

I don't know her maiden name, all I know is when my father was 8 years old, Christine Cormack his mother died in a house fire (circa 1946?). His dad James "Hippin" Cormack worked for a long time as a boilerman in a laundry (possibly John O Groats Laundry). He walked with a limp I think because of a Shrapnel injury. Not sure wether my grandfather was referred to as Hamish or not?

Jeemag_USA
07-Jan-07, 19:51
Also I made a mistake with my Dad's sisters. He has three sisters, Georgia Farquar (nee Cormack) married to Drew Farquar, Margaret Banks (nee Cormack) married to Ernie Banks, and Nessie Sinclair (nee Cormack) married to Jim Sinclair. Apologies to my aunties for mixing up their names. :)

xjustjenx
30-Mar-08, 01:24
Hello there, my sister Carole is down in Inverness this weekend and mentioned about you trying to get in touch with family from Wick. I am your first cousin and my name is Jennifer Banks. I have an older sister Carole and an older brother Colin. My mam is Margaret, she is your father's sister and she was marrried to Ernie Banks. My dad died on 13th Feb 2004.

Your dad's siblings are Nessie who was married to Jim Sinclair (deceased) and had 6 girls; Margaret (my mam) and there is 3 of us; Ray (Henry) who was married to Rose and had 6 children; Robert who was married to Irene (Morrison) and had Gordon and Laura and Georgia who is married to Drewie Farquhar and have 3, Alan, Julie and Angela.

Your dad's dad was indeed 'Hippin' Cormack and he married Christina Sutherland. She already had Nessie and went on to have your dad and the other siblings. Sadly, she died as the result of a house fire and your dad, my mam, Ray and Robert were sent away to Quarrier's Homes in Bridge of Weir to be brought up.

If you would like to chat some more, just gimme a shout. Be nice to share some stories.

All the best,

Jennifer Banks and Carole (Banks) Thain

scottishlass
08-Aug-10, 10:18
Hello there,
Hope this thread can be revived, as I have connections in this!
I cannot see the photos - is there a way I can get around this, please?
Thanks a lot.
scottishlass

cherokee
26-Aug-10, 22:41
[quote=Jeemag_USA;178127]
His brother Rae's wife was called Rose who used to work for some time in the chipper up near North School. They had children Andrew Cormack, Colin Cormack, Trisha Cormack, Rae Cormack and James Cormack
quote]

If its any (obviously very late... - Rose was such a lovely person; but very sadly she's passed away... ) help to you at all, I know of these people......