PDA

View Full Version : Darts League/Comp

loganbiffy
22-Jan-13, 12:39
Hi folks, I have just recently taken up darts again and was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a league or knockout competition?
I can imagine there will be a fair few folk interested in this, just putting some feelers out to see how many there would be and if it is worth doing.

Cheers guys.

lorr_mun14
23-Jan-13, 10:22
I take it you are in Thurso?

loganbiffy
24-Jan-13, 13:18
Yes sorry, I am based in Thurso but willing to play/create a league across the county :)

Sandra
24-Jan-13, 13:24
Yes sorry, I am based in Thurso but willing to play/create a league across the county :)

There is a Wick & District League already. There was a Thurso & District league but it folded due to lack of interest in running/organising/administering it and not many pubs in Thurso have dartboards these days.

loganbiffy
24-Jan-13, 13:27
There is a Wick & District League already. There was a Thurso & District league but it folded due to lack of interest in running/organising/administering it and not many pubs in Thurso have dartboards these days.

I do remember the Thurso league Sandra. I'm interested to see if there are folk interested in a new one. I'm sure there are enough people into darts to make a go of this, maybe even a knock-out competition.

dragonfly
24-Jan-13, 19:10
I was Secretary of the Thurso & District Dart League when it folded due to lack of interest..there is a really good going League in Wick on Tuesday evenings but if you do drum up enough interest on this side of the county I still have all the bumf (rules, constitution etc) which you are more than welcome to take over

loganbiffy
24-Jan-13, 22:41
I was Secretary of the Thurso & District Dart League when it folded due to lack of interest..there is a really good going League in Wick on Tuesday evenings but if you do drum up enough interest on this side of the county I still have all the bumf (rules, constitution etc) which you are more than welcome to take over

Thanks dragonfly, much appreciated. I'll see how things go and get back to you.

loganbiffy
29-Jan-13, 12:17
If anyone is interested, here is a facebook page i created for Thurso Darts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thurso-Darts/456545514399079